.... something is definitely bleeding

Let’s talk about the differences in character transition from Batman in BVS to Justice League. How did the reviews or people reviewing enabled to put so much pressure and influence on the film? What happened? Zack Snyder should’ve been unable to finish what he started, it was ripped from his hands…

4 Likes

I guess Zack made it a way WB didn’t like. I guess they wanted a more light hearted version. So they fired him and hired the Avengers director (I forgot his name).

1 Like

It’s also funny to point out that in my opinion BvS has to best Batman in live action movies and Justice League had the worst Batman in live action movies.

4 Likes

Batman in BVS was great it I would’ve liked him to have been more involved in the doomsday fight.

1 Like

Critics don’t understand complex plots, like in Batman V Superman, so WB cut down Justice League’s run time and removed everything complicated in the original cut.

Critics like lighthearted humor, so WB got Avengers director Joss Whedon to stick a bunch of comedic reshoots into the movie, with everyone including Batman trying to be funny.

Critics think superheroes are inherently silly family friendly kid’s stuff, so WB ensured the reshot/reedited movie fit that tone.

Critics got WB to cave to all their demands and then critics trashed the movie anyway, because they don’t like DC movies.

4 Likes

Snyder’s daughter killed herself during production and he stepped down.

1 Like

I’ll take Batman in Justice League anytime over Batman in Batman & Robin and the Columbia serials.

3 Likes

I’m mostly mind blown at the difference between the two characters portrayed here. Whedon and Snyder are like night and day. Whedon is talented, but was in far over his capabilities with Justice League. Zack had a plan and, better yet, it was announced. WB should’ve let him finish, then they could’ve worked to make the light hearted movies like they did in the 90s which absolutely killed the character of Batman. It seems WB is weak minded and does not know who it wants to be within the film industry with DC characters- truly sad.

4 Likes

Yes, his daughter commited suicide. I purchased the shirt he made in honor of raising money for suicide prevention. What a passionate director…

inktothepeople.com/all-the-gods

WB brought Whedon in BEFORE she committed suicide. WB should’ve let him finish his arch, then dowhatever they wanted to. Truthfully, I don’t believe WB has a real grasp of who their actual customer is for their Comic movies, so they dilute the story and play it safe, so no one is upset. [INSERT JOSS WHEDON HERE]. I’m sure if DC had it’s way, we would’ve already been at the end of Zack’s arch by now and on to something else,

4 Likes

All: I’m sorry for the grammatical errors. Tough to type out on a phone with small keys sometimes. Surely, you understand. :+1:

2 Likes

I like to believe that it is because Superman had such a dramatic impact on life. When he saw Superman sacrifice himself, it restored his faith in humanity. It told him that not all people were bad. I feel like the movies are just showing how Superman was “an ideal to strive towards.”

Correct. Snyder intended for Superman to be working progresssion experiencing real emotions, like in life. WB has lost their minds. It’s almost as if it is is impossible for them to appeal to two demographical groups: children and PG-13 and up. For them, it is either from one extreme to another heavily manipulated extreme - you guess which is where.

Anyways… what an interesting time for DC fans.

1 Like

There is very little evidence that Zack was fired, and, regardless of what he may be saying in encouraging fans, Justice League directly continues the story from BvS both as originally filmed and as theatrically released.

Zack Snyder vision was absolutely terrible and he was way into Injustice. Should have stopped at MOS.

Zack Snyder’s attention to detail with work in his films have been unparalleled, even in comparison to the billion dollar movie - Aquaman. Your opinion or not, the man should’ve been able to finish what he signed up for with WB in the first place after making Man of Steel. I thought Man of Steel was a masterpiece and that it tapped into the hearts of nearly every core DC fan.

2 Likes