So What SHOULD He Be Called?

While I’m partial to The Big Red Cheese :cheese: It so fits.

However Valarem I can get behind. It’s not that hard to pronounce, both Val & Rem could be used as shortened versions. It pays homage to the canonical character history. I’ve never been a fan of any character being given a military rank title who never was in the military. Captain Atom was called that because he was a captain in the military.

2 Likes

I think Mary should still get to be Mary Marvel (alliteration!). Trying to make all 6 kids have a Shazam or Thunder name seems unnecessary. Also, Freddy being Jr. doesn’t make sense in this group - he’s older than 2 or 3 of the other kids, and he’s an adult after transforming.

1 Like

Why is Captain a thing, anyway? There are plenty of other ranks and yet heroes and many villains gravitate towards the Captain title. Is there some military significance to this or is everybody copying Captain America?

I like Shazam, its quick, clean, an acronym for all the gods.

2 Likes

Captain is a thing because it connotes leadership in a variety of contexts (you can captain a vehicle or a team without being a military captain).

1 Like

In line with Black Adam (and DC loves their colors), perhaps Red Bill? Red Bat(son)?

I do like Captain Thunder. The movie had Red Cyclone, which ain’t half bad.

Red Thunder?

@AntLeon

Color coded Shazams!

Shazam-Red
Shazam-Blue
Shazam-Green
Shazam-Purple
Shazam-Silver
And Shazam Girl! (Since Mary wears red, also. Though she could go back to her all white costume and be Shazam-White)

1 Like

Marvel…simply “Marvel”

1 Like

Captain Marvel predates Captain America by a year.

Thundercrack!

And I mean, there’s always Captain Sparklefingers.

5 Likes

@batjamags yea i was gonna say that one too. Or red cyclone.

1 Like

I say we just go back to Captain Marvel. Who cares if they have the same name?

2 Likes

Mister Marvel

On the 70s Shazam show they have on here, Mentor called him “Marvel” which actually belies their familiarity with each other

1 Like

Shazam works, just change the magic word for everyone who wants to. Let the rest of the Marvel family choose their own identity it isn’t like the uniform doesn’t let you know they’re together. I don’t know why captain marvel jr. never changed his magic word cause not being able to say your own name is several different kinds of stupid.

Captain Thunder.

6 Likes

Captain peanut butter and crack sandwich

SHA-THUNDER!!!

I, for one, approve of naming him Captain Sparklefingers.

1 Like