So Is DC Comics Really Ending?!

When Supergirl and Batgirl are wholesome and well written (not now) I buy digital, regular cover, alt cover and trades.

Most comics I buy only digital (for space… i prefer the physical copy but I can’t store everything I buy)

Some great comics I make room for and buy physical, but seldom more than 5 different titles per month.

1 Like

This is a great question that deserves to be it’s own topic and not mixed into this thread.

1 Like

@JEREMY_of_218

I created a separate Topic as you requested.

Member who answered already can link to their reply in this topic

Or copy and past your answer

Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m with @Kon-El I could never see it ending per-say. Some things might change and AT&T could decide they don’t want it but I highly like angel coming down heavenly doubt that DC will shut down. If anything was to happen DC’s doors I’m sure would stay open they would just find another place or home.

3 Likes

Business 101, any new merger and acquisition comes with major lay offs and firings, usually dept heads get the ax. Depts sometimes get shut down too or scaled back. I think worse case they are planning to scale DC back but its such a money maker licensing wise. Best case they get better guys to run DC, tighten up the ship and get their movie universe on the right track, that would be sweet.

3 Likes

I got into DC when my friend introduced to me to Batman’s run of the Court of Owls when I was 15. Before that, I was just reading manga and maybe Spiderman comics from time to time. Ever since then, I’ve been into more comics like DC, Marvel, and Image. I only like a few things from Marvel, Image has a few good series, but I love the DC universe. I’ve been buying alot of books, and if this is true, it’s going to be really sad. I got invested into alot of these characters. Superman is my favorite DC superhero, but I wouldn’t have known how awesome he was as a character if I didn’t read the comics. The alternate media doesn’t do Superman justice like DC does for Batman. If I was AT&T, I would try to keep the comics alive, but I’m also not a CEO. They probably will, since DC isn’t making enough money for AT&T

2 Likes

@jd567018.39638 Please read the entire thread. This is a rumor and is NOT true.

5 Likes

Worst case scenario is comics go mostly digital. I doubt Marvel or DC will go anywhere. Parent companies are too wealthy.

5 Likes

The word nobody is using is debt. When large companies sell off segments, its one of two reasons: 1) losses (DC print continues to be a profit center, their revenues less expenses = NOI baby!) Or 2) debt, adjusting the balance sheet. There is not enough debt to to justify it. It does not move the equity needle, so the exposure to cut those print ties would make not only be bad PR, but throwing cash in a garbage can. Aint gonna hapenp.

Not going to happen.

1 Like

I think we can all agree that there needs to be change of some kind. Whether its cut the number of titles or change the publishing model. But I don’t think its desperate enough that they would shut it down entirely.

1 Like