So apparently there's a Cyborg movie coming out, but

So apparently, there’s a Cyborg movie coming out April 3, 2020, but I haven’t heard of it except as a likely movie to come later in the future. The only way I found out about it was when I looked up "upcoming DC movies, mostly because I wanted to know what comes out after Wonder Woman 1984, and found out that there’s a Cyborg movie coming out BEFORE WW’84. I was surprised, but happy. I instantly tried to look up more details but the only thing I found was that Ray Fisher was still Cyborg and a trailer that was surprisingly vague for a superhero movie trailer. Who:

• Never heard of the movie before this
  • Only knew about it as a potential future DC movie
  • Knew about it for a while, but not many details
  • Knows quite a bit about this movie

0 voters

1 Like

I hope this is real but are you sure it is real? Honestly, with all the seemingly last minute decisions DC has made recently it could be real but I’m a little skeptical.

Maybe it’s a straight to VHS movie lol

4 Likes

It was announced years ago as part of the original, Zack Snyder led, DCEU. It’s been put into turnaround and was never made after BvS and JL. There will be no movie coming out in April, and they just never took it off the schedule. The only DC movies in production officially are below.
Wonder Woman 6/5/20
THE Batman 6/25/21
The Suicide Squad 8/6/21
Black Adam 12/22/21
Shazam! 2 4/1/22
Flash 7/1/22
Aquaman 2 12/16/22

3 Likes

When JL was coming out a bunch of movies were “unofficially” announced, I believe, to drum up interest in the DCEU. I remember reading about them back then. What you read about is probably an abandoned project that may or may not come back to life.

3 Likes

If there was a Cyborg movie coming out in April, we’d already have multiple trailers for it by now, and tickets might even be on sale. That’s unfortunately pretty outdated information, and the odds that we’ll be getting a Cyborg movie anytime remotely soon are practically zero

It’s worth noting that only Batman and The Squad are actually shooting right now. Black Adam, Shazam, Flash and Aquaman are still in pre-production

1 Like

What you have found is old data. @moro is right. This was a previously announced movie that has since been scrapped. :frowning:

2 Likes

It hasn’t been given the go as far as I am aware. Most of the stuff we do know is just rumors and speculation. I hope there is a Cyborg movie. But so far it doesn’t look like it.

1 Like

Can only hope it will coming out soon.

1 Like

I just looked on the interwebs some more and it doesn’t look like it’ll happen anytime soon, if at all. Ray Fisher came out after the movie was officially canceled and said it would probably cost more to make a live action Cyborg movie than DC was willing to pay, so unless DC starts bringing in a ton of profit with their other movies, a Cyborg movie isn’t very likely :pensive:

2 Likes

Yeah, similarly I recently saw JL in a Wal-Mart as “Justice League: Part 1” and it sent me back in time to like 2015, when they were so sure of BvS’ success and JL was going to be a two-parter.

Tragic, what happened there.

Wal-Mart just got the old name for some reason. Hopefully we’ll get to see a follow-up to JL someday.