Site Updates & Enhancements: Welcome to Community 3.0!

Happy Anniversery @Green.Lantern

8 Likes

wait, will we still have all our badges?

8 Likes

Of course we will, I don’t think @Moderators are gonna let a person lose a Red Hood badge by wasting all 3 month for nothing if he or she was trying so hard to get it. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

All hail @Alec.Holland, lord of the swamp and one wicked-rad dude!

the masses shout “Hail, Alec Holland! Hail!”

As for the topic at hand…

This all sounds dynamically cool (“DC” :wink:), especially the eventual live chat function and the rewards program.

The DC Universe rewards initiative was pretty sweet, so I can only imagine the DCUI iteration will be even better.

All in all, I’ve been part of many online communities in my 26+ years of using the Internet, and bar-none, this one is The Best.

I’m not being a kiss-ass (never have been, nor will I ever be) and its not hyperbole.

Its just a FACT that the DCUI community and everyone within is and are GREAT, and long may its reign continue as a shining beacon of absolutely unparalleled fun and joy in the digital landscape for the best entertainment brand there is.

Long live DCUI and its community! Hail!

the assembled masses shout “Hail! Hail!” with triumphant enthusiasm

12 Likes

I see what you did there!

9 Likes

“Booyah!” :0_cyborg:

9 Likes

This is so exciting!!! While I haven been around as much because life’s been crazy busy, I am still lurking about and can’t wait to see the new things 3.0 has in store for us!!

Thank you @Jitsu & @Alec.Holland (and the rest of the mods) for all that you do for us!! :hugs:

14 Likes

Awesome, nice surprise :tada: Looking forward to the updates!

11 Likes

I gotta be honest… I see a normal picture even in the screenshot :joy: Maybe your expectations are set a little too high for the quality an image can be when it’s reduced to fit into the PFP box :eyes:

9 Likes

Yup. All badges you’ve currently earned will remain on your account. We’re just adding new badges for you to earn!

10 Likes

Alrighty then. I know it’s not just my eyes (and don’t think my expectations are too high), but consider the issue officially dropped on my end :slightly_smiling_face:.

9 Likes

I’ll pass it on to the dev team behind the scenes anyways in case my eyes are the issue here. I’ll let you know what they come up with :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Does this potentially mean syncing to third party (primarily HBOMax, obvs) streaming services? Or would we still need a manually coordinated “go”?

10 Likes

I think potentially is the operative word here…We’re still building out what live chat looks like, but I’d say for at least right now, a coordinated “go” will still be necessary.

9 Likes

You settin’ some goblin-roasting fires, by chance? :wink:

clicks Zippo open and closed

QFT. J-Man, Swamp Thing and The Mod Squad are badass. :metal:t2:

10 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been seeing commercials too. Usually during Snowpiercer on TBS/TNT.

8 Likes

You betcha! :fire:

9 Likes

Where to start? Well, we must start somewhere, so:

• Any Jack Kirby-created characters/properties: Etrigan, Fourth World, Kamandi, etc.

• Any characters drawn by Jim Lee: Most notably the Trinity, the New 52 Justice League, the Rebirth Suicide Squad, The Immortal Men and characters from assorted variant covers he’s done.

• Yara Flor

• Clark Kent Superman (Byrne-era if possible, but all others, prior and after, are welcome)

• Jon Kent Superman

• Jon Kent Superboy (Rebirth era)

• CW Superman-related characters: Kara, Clark, Lois, Superman, etc.

• Death and Return of Superman: Dan Jurgens’ Superman and Doomsday, Cyborg Superman, Conner Kent Superboy, Eradicator, Steel, Mongul and Hal Jordan in his GL battle armor.

• Superman Blue ('90s Triangle Era iteration)

• Superman Red (see above)

• The Authority: Jenny Sparks, Midnighter, Apollo, The Engineer, Jack Hawksmoor

• Spider Jerusalem from Transmetropolitan (gotta show Vertigo some love, right? Right!)

• WildC.A.T.S characters: Grifter, Spartan, Void, Voodoo, Helspont, Daemonites, Mr. Majestic, and Ladytron to begin with.

• Divine Right: The Adventures of Max Faraday characters: Max, Exotica, Tobruk, Christy Blaze and Cardinal Lazarus.

• Gen13 characters: Grunge and Fairchild above all.

• Classic movie characters: Kirk Alyn Superman, anyone from the Christopher Reeve Superman quadrilogy and anyone from the Burton/Schumacher Batman quadrilogy.

• Modern movie characters: Gabriel Macht’s version of The Spirit, anyone from The Dark Knight Trilogy, Frank Moses from Red, Margot Robbie Harley Quinn, the DCEU Trinity and Justice League, the DCEU Steppenwolf and Darkseid, the core characters from The Batman (Batman, Catwoman, The Riddler, Penguin and Gordon), Black Adam and assorted DCEU JSA-related characters (Atom Smasher, Dr. Fate and Hawkman) and DCEU Aquaman characters (Arthur, his dad, Mera, Ocean Master, Vulko, Queen Atlanna and Black Manta).

• Classic TV characters: Superman and the Noel Neill Lois Lane from Adventures of Superman, everyone from the Adam West Batman series, Lynda Carter’s WW, the John Wesley Shipp Flash and Mark Hamill Trickster from the CBS Flash series, the Dick Durock Swamp Thing, Lois and Clark from Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, anyone from Smallville (with an emphasis on Clark, Lois and Lex) and the main characters from Birds of Prey: Oracle, Huntress, Dinah and Harley.

• Modern TV characters (and not already listed above): Anyone from Harley Quinn, Stargirl, Doom Patrol, Titans, the Arrowverse (Naomi would be neat, FYI), Krypton (extra emphasis on Seg, Nyssa and Zod) and Young Justice (Megan, Conner, Tim, Wally, Artemis, Forager, the Justice League, the Outsiders, the Titans, Legionnaires, Mongul, Deathstroke, Ra’s Al Ghul, Batgirl, Wonder Girl, Lobo and other members of The Light).

• DCAU characters: ALL of 'em! :grin:

• Classic animation characters: Fleischer Studios Superman, Lois and Clark; the Filmation iterations of Aquaman, The Atom, Batgirl, Batman, Black Adam, Black Manta, Catwoman, The Fisherman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Joker, Lex Luthor, Penguin, Robin, Shazam, Superboy, Superman and the Teen Titans; Superman, Lex, General Zod and Wonder Woman from Ruby Spears Superman.

• Famous action figures of assorted characters: Thinking mostly from Kenner’s Super Powers Collection line for this, but there are others, including Mattel’s Zipline Batman from 2003, their Superman from series two of the DC Super Heroes line in 2006 and their John Wesley Shipp Flash and Lynda Carter Wonder Woman figures from their DC Multiverse line.

• Any and all Wonder Woman characters (extra emphasis on John Byrne’s Diana).

• The Lois Lane and Lana Lang Superwomen from the Rebirth Superwoman series.

• Naomi McDuffie (can be from her original mini, Young Justice, Justice League and/or Naomi: Season Two)

I’ll stop here, as I think all of the above are a good starting point…for now. :clark_hv_4:

10 Likes

Hope other people like the selectable avatars. With all the ones I use it will never feel right unless I make them myself.

13 Likes

Exciting stuff! It’s so cool to think about how far the community has come since its inception and how many more untold possibilities there are to explore :grin:

As far as avatars go I’m sure any new ones will not go unappreciated, but I think I’ll always want to make mine myself :sweat_smile:

12 Likes