Site Updates & Enhancements: Welcome to Community 3.0!

Apparently, we DO need those stinkin’ badges.

17 Likes

Wow this sounds awesome™:+1:. Badges fun and all of the above. Really exited for the art stuff. All sounds great. :tada:

16 Likes

Very excited for 3.0! Love that our amazing little community is ever growing and expanding and improving!
:batparrot:

17 Likes

live chat! and we’re going international! does that mean the service as a whole will be available outside the US, or only the community?

and can someone help me find and edit all my comments where i made fun of Luxembourg before Luxembourgers see them?

13 Likes

There is a schedule on Twitter of releases for international. Canada is already here!!! Actually, I got an email not Twitter.

11 Likes

woop woop! thanks!

and, unrelated, whatever rumors may be out there about me, i LOVE Canadians and i was HACKED

11 Likes

Here it is!

15 Likes

yay! thank you! i’m excited!!

12 Likes

To clarify–we are still in the process of opening Community to new countries. As it stands, the DCUI app is launching in some new places around the world, but Community will have to hold a bit longer (legal processes and paperwork takes a little longer to handle). That being said, once Community is live in other countries, there will be some kind of localization feature, so everyone can enjoy the site! Still TBD on what that looks like, but it’ll definitely be part of the puzzle.

15 Likes

Currently only DCUI will be launching in new countries. Community will take a bit more time to open our doors, but it’ll happen!

9 Likes

So what is the difference between the new live chat feature and what we are doing now since we sometimes do talk in real time?

13 Likes

i see. thanks! (and i’m not sure if i ever posted a “welcome,” so welcome!)

10 Likes

Jessica Cruz, and Arrowverse Cisco Ramon. Those are my two favorites, and they are the ones I want to be my avatars.

12 Likes

The vision here is that with a live chat module, we can talk in actual real-time (during events, for example). Similar to something you might see on YouTube during a livestream!

12 Likes

Sure have! All for the good of this amazing community!

14 Likes

So glad you’re as excited as we are! TONS to get excited about in our future!

13 Likes

ok so this is kinda random, but did your pfp change, @Jitsu?

8 Likes

Nope! Been the same since Day 1 :smiley:

9 Likes

Super excited for all of these updates (especially the badges :wink:)! Thank you @Jitsu, @Alec.Holland, and the Discourse team for all of your hard work on this.

I think you may be on your own for this one. :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

Personally, I want avatars of the actors/actresses who portray the characters…in character. For example, official portraits of Tom Welling, Tyler Hoechlin, Brandon Routh, Henry Cavill, and Christopher Reeves from their respective Superman projects as avatars. That way, if someone wants their favorite actor/actress as a profile picture, they won’t have to search the web for them (like I did).

11 Likes