Site Updates & Enhancements: Welcome to Community 3.0!

Nice to have the front page on Android all nice and straight again thanks very much!!!

9 Likes

You’re welcome! Sorry for the delay on that and thanks for confirming that it’s fixed!

8 Likes

Stepping in on this: yes, this is an active bug community-wide that our team is still working on. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime!

7 Likes

Ok, right on. Ty so much for the update @staticshocks!!! I’m the self proclaimed most laid back person I know lol. So, no worries. I can wait forever & I can still operate everything I need to do anyways? So, just a light inquiry was all I was after. Not a c’mon let’s fix this attitude at all. I will never leave this site. Even if it’s never fixed. But, I know it will be. Never failed me ever. Ty “guys/girls pronoun’s of your choosing, for all of your hard work, & quick responses. I sincerely appreciate it :green_heart::white_heart::heart::it:….

7 Likes

Besides the carousel, & a couple other things listed in short term; are any of the other ones operating yet? Specifically, the one I’m wondering about is the Nationality Flag Flair WOOO!!! Sorry, If I type Ric’s last name, it’s an automatic WOOO!!! Not my choice…lol. No biggie, I just peeked around yesterday & wondered if maybe it’s not under preferences but somewhere else? Lastly, I would suggest Dawnstar, Zatanna, Huntress, Phantom Lady, Roulette, & Power Girl for new avatars. Since u asked for input on that. I’ll rock Kate Kane until then & be just fine regardless of who’s chosen. Not one I don’t like, so everyone’s a winner.

5 Likes

At the bottom of your Profile tab under “Preferences”, there is an option to set your region and specify the state you’re in. This is where the flag icon will come into place once the feature gets added to the site. That, and several other “short term” features, are still in progress.

6 Likes

So are the short-term the ones that will be done faster, or the ones that will have less of an effect on the community?

6 Likes

Likely both. Short-term = the improvements that take the least amount of time to develop and implement vs. the longer-term tasks that take significant development and testing before we can unleash them on the community.

7 Likes

Awesome, that’s literally everything I wanted to know. Ty @staticshocks!!! I don’t mind constantly repeating myself to say that u (mods & u personally) are the best!!!

6 Likes

I would love to see my bookmarks at the top of the page on Community Home instead of announcements, as I believe it used to be. Is that going to be possible?

8 Likes

It’s an option. Trying to make this fit best on mobile / web at the same time is a tricky thing to do so we’re exploring the possibility of unique formatting for Mobile vs. Desktop.

7 Likes

Was there anything on the rewind button option? I suggested having a button that takes u to the 1st page after reading a comic. Instead of having to rewind every page manually. Obviously, it’s not a must have in priority. Just curious if that might be an option in the future? I reread a lot. It would be a huge advantage to be able to just tap a button & start reading. Sometimes I get knocked off site when I’m rewinding it page by page. I love all the new additions tho!!! Really good stuff!!

6 Likes

If you hit the page you get an icon at the top which will show you a miniaturized picture of every single page and you can then choose the first page. That’s how I go back to the beginning for a reread.

7 Likes

Also, when I exit a comic on the last page and then re-enter it, it always starts over at the beginning.

8 Likes

This thread specifically pertains to COMMUNITY updates, not DCUI updates. So yes, the rewind button has been suggested to the team, but I’m not privy to their workflow and what’s likely to come in the next couple of months. I’ll let you know if we hear anything.

8 Likes

Ok, apologies for posting in the wrong place. Ty for the update!!!

4 Likes

Lucky, not me. I’m on IPad only tho. Might be why? @scoop001 I’ve hit em all b4. Are u not on an iPad as well? If not, here’s what I got.

I’ve mashed all of those buttons millions of times. I apologize @Alec.Holland It would just be so huge if I could actually do what their suggesting. I’ll move it off this page. I’ll DM u @scoop001 when I get a sec. But, I don’t think I have any options except manual rewind…? Just an update. @scoop001 was able to help me use that button. Now I can go to page 1 w/o wasting precious time. Ty @scoop001 !!! I’m glad I accidentally posted on the wrong page by mistake…been trying to get help with that forever.

5 Likes

Hey, i know this isn’t really connected to this thread, just vaguely in the sense it regards to the future of the DC Universe service. Are there any plans to narrow the gap between when comics are physically released to when they show online?

I understand the logic between the delay. But it would be nice if the gap could be narrowed down a bit. I heard that Marvel Unlimited has a 3 month gap as opposed to our 6 month. Just curious if there are any plans relating to that.

8 Likes

This is something we try to minimize as much as possible. Beyond just digitizing every book for release on DCUI, there are a lot of legal steps that are taken for each book, hence the delay. We try to shorten that gap wherever possible, but it’s not always possible–doin’ our best though!

8 Likes

Cool! Looking forward to it! How do you get certain badges? Or are they just surprises for doing what you do?

7 Likes