Site Updates & Enhancements: Welcome to Community 3.0!

@Jitsu & @Alec.Holland Thank you for the list of what’s to come. It looks like we have a lot on deck for the DCU! I’m curious on the timing - what relevance will the survey have since a lot of the updates already seem to be in play?

7 Likes

The carousel at the top on mobile takes up almost the whole page, which is kind of intrusive. Swipes don’t register from the first try either, especially on image heavy announcements like this one. It just kinda gets stuck there for a while; seems to be a loading issue?

7 Likes

Great question! Simply put–this is only the very beginning of the evolution of this site. While there are many updates already in play, the best way to improve any service is to gather feedback from its users. So the more info we have from all of our wonderful community members, the better we can continuously grow and build this site throughout the year.

7 Likes

:+1: Thank you, @Jitsu!

I also have an avatar request (although I’m fairly certain I’ll keep mine the same): Deathstroke! :ttns_gif_slade:

6 Likes

I have an avatar request too! Sixpack! Or Hitman! Or Nightwing! Or King Arthur! Or Lagoon Boy! Or Tempest!

3 Likes

I’d like to second @moro’s point that, although I find value in this new banner, it takes up a significant amount of the screen and is cumbersome to navigate (especially with the new expanded spacing).

Example:

To see the Bookmarks, I needed to scroll 4 times!

It takes away from the overall user experience and I’ve already found myself rapid tapping General Discussion just to see the Community posts.

Maybe it’s early enough in development to consider an alternative solution?

8 Likes

I’m sure its going to take awhile to get all the kinks ironed out of things. Nothing ever works perfectly on the first try not matter how much preparation you put into it. Hiccups are a given.

I do like the idea of a DCUI Discord channel, and think it might be easier than trying to build a chat client into the forum itself. I do wonder how DC intends to handle moderation on the server after business hours though?

8 Likes

This issue should now be resolved :slight_smile: Sorry that it took a couple of days, the dev team were prioritizing a couple of other fixes first!

6 Likes

I feel the need to re-affirm this.

I don’t like the big ol’ banner on mobile. It’s an eyesore and really gets in the way of where I usually wanna go, which is the categories.

Sorry; that was rude. I appreciate the enhancements you guys are trying to make, truly.

8 Likes

I’m with you, @moro.

6 Likes

We’re few but we’re mighty!

#releasethe… wait, what am I doing? Sorry got too excited there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

:rofl: It’s with good intent!

7 Likes

Thank you for understanding!

6 Likes

It’s positively brobdingnagian.

As long as we’re making updates and changes, can we please finally get the flickering navigation bar on the mobile site fixed? Thanks.

4 Likes

No worries, I am just amazed how responsive y’all are to our requests And I am also appreciative that y’all continue to improve the site.

7 Likes

Thank You! DC for making the community better than ever!

8 Likes

I’m hoping that simple thing can be fixed fairly soon it’s a little disorienting

7 Likes

Welcome to the community!

6 Likes

The team is aware of it and working as fast as they can. We’re not their only client though, so there’s priorities they have to work on first.

8 Likes

I say it all the time. & go ahead, call me a kiss ass. But, u mods are the best!!! I’m so excited about all of these updates!!! I searched for suggestions b/c I didn’t get to the banner in time b4 it was removed lol. But, @Jitsu is there any news on the sideways deal. Home page is horizontal, MY DC, comics, till I open them. Community & opened comics are the only pages that are vertical? I reported it a while ago. I was first told that it couldn’t be replicated & I had to contact the tech squad. Then I got a message saying it’s a bug in the system & everyone’s experiencing it & it’s being fixed. I’m extremely patient, just curious if I’m the only one still dealing with it? Or, if it’s still being worked on. I know you’re busy, & I appreciate if it takes a while. I just wanted to get it on record that mine still does that. I have an iPad if that helps? It’s the only thing I use for this site. Ty & have a great night/day depending on where u live lol. I really dig the pronouns update, good thinking!!!

6 Likes