Should Vertigo Comics Be Added To DC Universe?

There are 311 Comic Issues that are in Titles when I Search for Swamp.Thing

2 Likes

i am a sad panda having just found out Vertigo is not here. But thereā€™s still a lot to read, so yay!

2 Likes

Yes. :smirk:

1 Like

If I remember right, the early issues of Sandman showed the then-current Justice League characters, and Sandman Mystery Theater crossed over with 90s Starman series.

3 Likes

Sandman had Jonn Jonzz and Dr Destiny
Even toward rhe end, several DC characters attended his funeral (in their dreams)

I loved the line at funeral
Where Daniel ,
The son of DC Infinity Inc
Fury and Silver Scarab,
Themselves,
Children of Earth 2
Wonder Woman.and Hawkman,
Becomes the new Dream

ā€œWhat Died Then?ā€
(Since there was still a Dream,
But a new one)

ā€œA Point of View.ā€

Which could be said
Of all of us
When we die

Sandman Mystery Theatre
Is the Sandman
From the 1940s Justice Society of America

Hourman.and Blackhawk also
Were guests stars
In that title.

4 Likes

I would love that. Anything that DC owns should be part of the DC universe. But licensing issues probably prevent them from being able to do that. But I would totally read those if they were here.

1 Like

Vertigo in the 90ā€™s, manā€¦ You just canā€™t make stuff like that anymore. Really! You canā€™tā€¦

1 Like

As I recall some of the Vertigo titles were creator owned, but I would think DC could add the titles they won outright, barring any deals they might have with Comixology and so on. I would love to see Animal Man, Hellblazer,Sandman, Sandman Mystery Theatre, Shade, and Swamp Thing added here.

2 Likes

Swamp Thing is all ready on here.

3 Likes

I really want to read the sandman, Izombie, and i want to reread day tripper.

2 Likes

Oh God. Daytripper is so good.

1 Like

I remember reading during my junior year of high school, wish it was here so more people can read it.

2 Likes

If youā€™ve never read the Sandman, itā€™s a must read. The story Gaiman wrote is good it can change the way you see the world, for the better. Greatest comic series of all time.

2 Likes

Honestly Iā€™ve been hearing so many good things about the sandman to the point that Iā€™m generally worried by the time I get to it, it wonā€™t be as good as people say. Itā€™s a manga but the same happened with Yu Yu hakusho, i enjoyed it but didnā€™t think it was the greatest manga ever.

2 Likes

Yes. They are a rich part of DC and would be a draw for subs.

2 Likes

Vertigo comics would add more value to this service than CW television shows. IMO

3 Likes

It would be nice to get the sandman so i donā€™t have to go buy every issue.

1 Like

My top Vertigo wishlist:

The Sandman
Hellblazer
Astro City
Sandman Mystery Theatre
Black Orchid

2 Likes

Definitely, they should add them. Really sounds more like a question of if they can add themā€¦

Iā€™m actually listening to the Sandman audiobook that audible put out this year. Itā€™s over 10 hours of audio, so Iā€™m consuming it little by little. Iā€™ve never read a Sandman comic before, so this is my first exposure to the story. I feel like Iā€™m missing out on something because I donā€™t have the artwork which certainly must be a big part of the storytelling. Iā€™m still enjoying it, but I feel like I should have read Sandman stuff before starting the audiobook.

1 Like