Should there be a Lobo movie or show? And if so who should play him?

So I know lobo had been featured in a bunch of different live action and animated series. I just want to know is it possible for him to get his own solo movie or show? I think he’s a great character with a great backstory and personality that could definitely shine if he was given his own spotlight. His story could be dark and gritty but still comical and light-hearted. I know this is my personal opinion but I know there has to be someone out there who agrees with me? And if such a project is made who should play the character? I didn’t see Krypton season 2 to know how the actor did his portrayal but personally I would of loved to see Jason Maoma play the character if he wasn’t already playing Aquaman. What do you think DC Universe?
LoboComics

5 Likes

First off, Welcome to the DC Universe family! Second, it seems like they have been trying to get Lobo on the big screen for a long time now. So I think they want to do it. If mamoa wasn’t Aquaman already, I would have chosen him to play Lobo.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! I would love a Lobo show.

2 Likes

Thank you I’ve been a member since 2018 but this 8s my first time posting in the community!

2 Likes

Well we appreciate that you have decided to join us here on the forum.

1 Like

Thank you it’s exciting to talk to people with your interest!

2 Likes

Momoa does seem like the Lobo type now that I think about it.

4 Likes

RON PERLMAN. He played Hellboy and did a damn good job. He’s hulking, big, and beefy.

3 Likes

That’s a great choice actually he looked great for Hellboy plus he has the attitude already.

3 Likes

I saw this and i was like y’know who would be great for that

1 Like

If they did like a character portrait with Ron Pearlman I think he would definitely nail the look plus from stranger things and Hellboy we know he can be dark and funny at the same time which is perfect!

2 Likes

Ron Perlman is 70.

One possible actor I can think of is Terry Crews.

1 Like

Wasn’t there talk of a Lobo spinoff from Krypton?

2 Likes

There was, though that seems especially unlikely in the wake of Krypton’s cancelation and reports that Syfy wouldn’t be moving forward w/ it. Still, one of the showrunners said that it actually wasn’t dead back when Krypton was initially canceled in August, but it’s also been a while since we’ve heard any updates

2 Likes

@arkhamassassin I heard the same thing about a lobo spin-off from Krypton awhile ago in my Google news thing but I just assumed it was a rumour since I didn’t hear anymore updates on it.

2 Likes

It was definitely more than a rumor, though I’d be really surprised if the talks get revived at this point. It’s a bit of a shame since Scanlan really looked fantastic as Lobo and had the right mannerisms, though I’ll also admit that I could never quite get past the thick Irish accent

1 Like

Thinking it gets a nice Rob Zombie soundtrack. Sure fits the aesthetic.

1 Like

See I still haven’t seen the second season of Krypton but I wanted to check it out if it ever got added to the app.

2 Likes

It’s funny you mention that because I was thinking that some metal like Rob Zombie or Metallica could definitely do the soundtrack for a movie album while I was reading one of his 90s comic series during his fight at the dinner and spelling bee lol

1 Like

Rob Zombie actually looks like Lobo on one of his album covers. Enter Sandman is like the Guile’s Theme of rock, works everywhere. It’s the unofficial theme song of every NFL team.

1 Like