Should the DCEU keep Henry Cavill as Superman?

Justice League also made the least amount of money, out of all of these DCEU movies, and was the most expensive one to make.

It totally makes sense to like, not do what they did in Justice League, ever again.

1 Like

Yes! Give him a movie for Pete’s sake!

They can’t make him stay I think he got fed up with the whole Synder/ Wheden fiasco

He also got a better offer to star as Geralt in the Witcher Netflix series. He played Superman because his nephew loved the character, but personally loves the Witcher 3.

I think people insisting on restarting the DCEU need to understand that the majority if the audience doesnt care about getting these stories in a “correct” way. Their investment in these movies isnt what they “should be” as characters and storylines, they just want to be entertained. Yes, everyone knows these characters from their youth and will always have pre-conceptions, but it is unrealistic to think that they’re just waiting for a “correct” version to blow all their money on. For all the petty complaints about Man if Steel an the constant negative narrative in every news story headline leading up to BvS (I call it the Grimdark campaign) that movie killed opening day, it was hugely successful despite the critical lambasting. Suicide Squad too. People show up for new and interesting things. Justice League had terrible trailers and the average movie goer could see its genericism a mile away.
So I say double down on this universe, just move forward. I dont want reboots and retellings of twice told stories, I want crossovers and never used characters. FFS we finally have Gotham, Metropolis, Themyscira, and Atlantis established. We have a paranoid government with anti-metahuman pundits, we have Shazam bringing in the mysticism and you guys want to throw it all away in hope that remaking Superman the Movie will resonate so much that it will get people to sit through another decade of world building!? Madness.

Keep Cavill. Give him whatever he wants, he has dealt with alot if crap.

Business is business, and money is money. It is the problem when you take an unknown make them famous with a long enough term contract.

Definitely. Yes.

I say Yes

Hell yea

1 Like

Not only keep him, give him a movie!

1 Like