Should the DCEU keep Henry Cavill as Superman?

Henry Cavill is currently in talks to drop out of the role of Superman…Should he stay? Or go?

6 Likes

It would be nice to sort it trade in Bats and Sups for new actors. Change is good and could produce more action comics moments instead of this super dark world we have.

1 Like

I wish but it’s a done deal at this point. With him and Affleck out, they’re basically restarting this universe, or just abandoning it entirely in favor of unconnected movies. It’s a real shame. BvS was the best comic book movie ever, I don’t care what the haters say. They truly just didn’t get it, it was too complicated for them.

3 Likes

Yes, of course they should

1 Like

DC movies need to keep Cavill. With the right director and story he is a great Superman!

1 Like

Absolutely! Henry has a love for the character that you don’t get to see much from these actors, and he embodies the look and more importantly, can capture the ideals of Superman. He deserves at least another Superman-focused movie to truly prove that he is the best possible person for this role. He has the chance to be the best live action Superman, if only WB would give him the chance that deserves, and that many fans want.

1 Like

Henry IS Superman.

2 Likes

Henry Cavill will always be my Superman

No… Yawn…, seriously… No!

1 Like

Fuck yea​:sob::triumph::smirk:

I think Henry did a good job with the material he had to work with. Better scripts, better scenes, and better characterization would really let his talents shine.

He is the only Cinematic Superman i have liked.

Yes please. Henry was the first Superman I truly loved watching.

Henry has done great with what he was given. To recast/dismiss him from the universe would be to punish him (and fans) for the WB’s missteps. He is a great Superman with a strong fan base. If you they can’t make it work, it has nothing to do with him.

1 Like

Yes! He did an amazing job with what he was given. I’d like to see the writers develop more of Clark Kent’s personality. I’d love for the audience to know, love and respect Clark Kent, and then Superman’s abilities are just the icing on top!

1 Like

Yes, I thought he did a good job. Sounds like someone was mad about a scheduling conflict.

Like his work as Superman but it can be a big time commitment will he have the time with his Netflix show

I think DC/WB has done a good job with casting. Writing and directing not so much. I have liked the movies they have done so far. I just think if they were more true to the characters and focused on why fans love them than the movies would do better. I don’t care for how they are trying too hard to modernize everything. The new Superman movies do a horrible job of keeping Clark’s Identity a secret. I would like to see Batman as more of a detective and more gadgets. I want the Batmobile more car like. I really loved the Batmobiles from the Tim Burton and Joel Shumarker years the best.

1 Like

Absolutely stay! By far my favorite Superman. Loved Batman V Superman. A Zack masterpiece !

2 Likes

For sure. He deserves a good Superman movie to cut his teeth on. One where he isn’t frowning the whole time. I did love Man of Steel but it was so dour.