POSTING GUIDELINES

1. For tech help, visit yourdcu.com
  2. For Guidelines, visit yourdcu.com/cmg
  3. Mods have the right to remove posts.
  4. Low-quality posts will be deleted
3 Likes

IMG_6870.PNG

YES

Also to post images, upload them to https://postimg.cc, then take the URL it gives you and paste it in the “enter an image URL” box!

I absolutely adore the Tim Burton Batman films, Michael Keaton is my favorite Bruce Wayne, and I lament that they didn’t get to make the third film.

So…no. Not at this point. It’s not 1995 anymore.

1 Like

I get the excitement, but I wouldn’t really want this. I haven’t really enjoyed much of Burton’s work outside of the Nightmare Before Christmas (admittedly though I haven’t watched some of his big movies like Beetlejuice or Edward Scissor-Hands). Especially in recent years though, he seems to have fallen off as a director imo. Keaton however might be able to fit in. I’m really not a big Keaton Batman fan, but respect him much more as an actor now. I wouldn’t cast him as Batman because I think casting an older Batman tends to lead to what I think of as misinterpretations of the character that make him extremely violent—sometimes to the point of killing people. I could see him in a Cameo role though as someone like Carmine Falcone maybe.

1 Like

If the were going to bring Keaton back, have him as Alfred. That would be full circle.

2 Likes

Keaton potentially, maybe not so much Burton. I have watched the Batman movies. But I believe there are better actors and directors.

1 Like

Even if they did the Comics they were supposed to, or an animated movie I would be happy with that.

1 Like

Tim Burton and Anton Furst gave me what I hadn’t realized I needed: a Gotham City unique unto itself, a place where the idea of a 6-foot bat flitting amongst the skyscrapers might not be THAT far-fetched. Since then, I have never cared for a Gotham that looked like a “normal” 20th-21st century American city, like, say, Chicago. I’m really hoping that Matt Reeves picks up on that.

To go back with Burton and Keaton? Only if they keep that city aesthetic and did a Batman Beyond movie with Keaton as Bruce.

2 Likes

Nope. They were great, but what’s done is done.

We’ve a new Batman and director to look forward to now.

5 Likes

I was not a fan of the Burton or Schumacher films.

1 Like

I just want someone to bring some magic back into Batman. I’m sick of “realism” and taking Batman so seriously

2 Likes

for years have wanted Keaton to do a Batman Beyond movie and would be just fine, just fine I tell you with Burton coming back to do it. But if we’re going to fan dream big lets get Conroy and Hamil to do it. Heck lets make it part of the DCEU and have Conroy be an old Patterson Batman and shucks throw the flash in there with some time travel.

3 Likes

“Where you been spending you’re nights?”

1 Like

Buster Keaton is dead you ghouls, let him rest!

5 Likes

I’d love to see Keaton return as Bruce Wayne in a Batman Beyond movie.

Burton should not return for that movie because his filmmaking style doesn’t suit the futuristic sci-fi world of Batman Beyond. Fantasy worlds and retro times are Burton’s strengths so if he were to make another Batman movie, it should be an Elseworlds story like Castle of the Bat.

2 Likes

@mshtv On that note, that means no Harold Lloyd Joker then, doesn’t it?

Gasp! Sob! He’d have been good for the job!

Fatty Arbuckle could play…oh. Hmmm. No, nevermind.

1 Like

Correction for the above: “@msgtv…”

For a sequel to Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker