Should Eminem REALLY Play the Riddler?

I keep seeing this EVERYWHERE and I just want to enjoy my playlist and write stuff in peace so I want to put this to bed.

So, should Marshall Mathers, the Real Slim Shady and someone who knows how to perfectly play with words, play the Riddler in anything?

4 Likes

Preferably not, for he’s not an actor. Sure there was 8 Mile, fine movie. But he was just playing himself.

5 Likes

100% no. Love his music, but like @SkylerSneathen just said- he’s not a gifted enough actor to pull it off.

5 Likes

Actually, I have a way that could work.

What if he played a version of the Riddler that we only get to see through computer and phone screens, never in person, and Eminem is allowed to lean into Slim Shady a bit, with a few swears and a more aggressive performance. It would work better with him that way instead of, for example, a version of the Riddler from the Batman.

2 Likes

Sounds like he is still more or less playing himself.

3 Likes

It’d be better then a silted performance throughout the entire thing. Plus, Eminem comes up with really clever rhymes already, so seeing riddles that he works with a team of writers would be great.

When did it come to the actor on providing dialogue? I mean, there’s a script first.

1 Like

Nah. Not a fan of the idea.

3 Likes

There are cases of actors getting involved with that. Plus, some of the best scenes in cinematic history are improvised.

1 Like

True but it sounds like you’re making the movie almost backwards. Unless Em is also the writer and director.

2 Likes

No, absolutely not. He couldn’t possibly play the Riddler.

He should be a Robin.

4 Likes

Animated Jason Todd, that occasionally free-styles to deal with his anger issues!

2 Likes

Okay, Em is talented, but I wouldn’t count on him writing a Batman movie.

1 Like

Riddler and The Penguin

3 Likes

What caused that face? An army of people eating pizza with broccoli? A video of Kim Mathers free-styling? A deep-faked picture of Dre signing MGK?

2 Likes

No.

If anything Cory Michael Smith should come back to the role. He actually gave the Riddler depth. He wasn’t just some smart cocky genius who thought he was better than everyone else, he actually had a dark voice within him that drove him crazy, and he had charisma.

Plus he’s hot and we like that here

2 Likes

I won’t disagree. Nice to keep priority.

2 Likes

I’m curious as to where you’ve seen this idea be brought up before cause this is the 1st time I’ve seen this specific fancast

4 Likes

Rainn Wilson who played Dwight Shrute on The Office would’ve make a good Riddler in my opinion.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Totally it would be really funny.

2 Likes