Should DCU Revive Powerless with a Season 2?

I had high hopes for this show. When it was first released But the poorly written humor I could only watch two episodes and was not surprise it was canceled No I don’t want Second season unless it has a whole new cast and new writers

Nope.

DCU should revive Constantine. If they are cutting down Swamp Thing, then Constantine should be more doable and less budget required. There were some horror stuff in it too. Could be written by the same team.

1 Like

So I just started watching this. Just finished episode 4 about dating a henchman. I haven’t laughed so hard at a sitcom/comedy since Will & Grace. I love how it pokes fun at the ridiculous elements of the comic book world and provides perspectives/answers to a lot of “what if” questions. I mean, if we lived in the DC Universe, what would happen if we ended up dating a henchman? What if we found a beatarang just lying around? How do we protect ourselves from the countless dangers surrounding us?

It’s also so cool seeing the voices of Harley Quinn in “the flesh.” It took me the whole first episode to figure out who they were. I was like “wait… they sound familiar! Oh my gosh, King Shark, Joker and Clayface!!!”

I am SO HERE for more of this show. I know I’m going to be so sad when I finish it and there is no more on the way :sob:

2 Likes

I think the series is good for what it was, a short, hilarious take on ordinary people in a world of superheroes. I’m not going to ask for more of it but if they did decide to bring it back they should continue using lesser known heroes like Crimson Fox and Green Fury (Fire)

2 Likes

I obviously missed this thread the first time around. I’d vote for a another season of Powerless in a heartbeat. I’m rewatching the series on CW Seed and after 3 episodes it still holds up. It might even be funnier now, after having seen Alan Tudyk on Doom Patrol and Resident Alien.

Since a second season seems impossible now, it could be awesome to get a Powerless reunion show / special with some A-list heroes and villains. Or a Powerless cameo in the next Suicide Squad movie. Or how about an animated crossover with Harley Quinn?

1 Like

I doubt they’d ever go for a full crossover, but a cameo could actually work since 2 of the main Powerless cast members are also in the main cast for HQ. It’d still be pretty out there, but that’s exactly where HQ thrives so I wouldn’t even be too surprised

1 Like

Hell yes!!! This was gone too soon!!!

1 Like

They were trying to get Grant Gustin for the final episode but that never worked out.

1 Like

I watched it when I was 14 and I barely remember what the series was about, so I can’t really give a real answer lol

My wife and I really enjoyed this show, and hoped it could find it’s footing. I’m still down for season 2.

1 Like

It finally did the last couple of (originally unaired) episodes. Too little, too late but i enjoyed it for what it was.

1 Like

I liked it and want it back

2 Likes

I’m pretty late to this party but I just burned through Powerless in about 3 days. It took me the first episode to get used to the tone. After that, it was just laugh out loud funny. The cast was nerdtastic.

I may just have to watch it all again.

3 Likes

Go ahead

1 Like

It’s not great comedy, it’s not even a good workplace comedy, in comparison to some things that manage to do that well (e.g. Mythic Quest), in an alternative to workplace situations such as The Office or Parks & Rec and this largely stemmed from a lack of creativity. Van was underwritten and his assistant was also very predictable. I’m not saying that this didn’t lead to humor, but it’s not particularly imaginative nor clever. The lead character - same thing.

I did enjoy all the low key elements more, such as the and they show might have worked with more of that, even using characters like Crimson Fox, and less of that core workplace elements. But that is very much broadcast network TV - very safe, very unlikely to want to take risks and not do the tried and true.

I doubt the DISCO suits would be interested in doing anything that actually stemmed from this so some of the original suggestions from 2019, such as new versions and new attempts at humor based, would be what I would also recommend, e.g. Inferior Five, Ambush Bug, or Legion of Substitute Heroes.

Personally, I’d prefer more humor in the vein of Doom Patrol and would really favor Legion of Substitute Heroes, but that would be expensive done as live action.

1 Like

Yes, please.

2 Likes

I can’t see it returning as a show, though I would welcome that.

A comics mini-series would be great as the next best thing - presumably they could do better than Crimson Fox and do some JLA member cameos

3 Likes

Why mini-series and not a full run?

3 Likes

I really did enjoy the show, I really like seeing a background characters being a witness to see a hero fighting the Villain, it was a happy, clean comedy that a whole family can enjoy watching together, it’s a shame that it got cancel after the first season, it’d be great if they revive it and try to get original cast back for season 2. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The stakes are always low on Powerless, so I don’t think it would have a shot at running 40 issues

2 Likes