Should DC Bring Back Showcase to Showcase Different Universes/Time Periods/Storylines That Were Dropped?

I find myself missing the pre-Crisis and post-Crisis (pre-New 52) versions of the DC Characters and feel that Convergence, as silly as a lot of it was, was a nice romp through different eras.

I’d love to see DC bring back the old Showcase series but each book or arc is set in a different timeline or version of the DC Universe. They could easily explain in the first panels where this is and we can dive into some Flashpoint stories, pre-Crisis, some of the old “imaginary” Superman stories, Batman Brave & Bold team-ups continuing the spirit of those old books, Booster Gold in time, maybe close off some storylines that went nowhere when we jumped ahead a year or New 52 was created, etc. Even if it was just released digitally only as a DCU exclusive, how much fun would this be?

3 Likes

What an amazing concept! I would love it just so Johns could finish what he set up in his Booster Gold series, particularly who Black Beetle really was.

3 Likes

@mike.29596 Such a great idea. I’d love to see this happen and hopefully more comment on this thread and the right folks see it and get it to print! Gives everyone a chance to follow or check in with whomever they want. Better than the rumored 5G situation.

3 Likes

Sounds to me, you simply miss continuity. It’s hard to stay engaged and interested in a character when they change every six months.

Maybe a Showcase title would work.

2 Likes

Sounds great to me!

2 Likes

Thanks! I hope someone is watching and reading!