Short Or Long Ears?

Do You Think Batman Looks Better With Short Or Long Ears?
And Reply Below, What Is Your Favorite Representation Of Batman’s Ears In Your Opinion? (Whether It Be Animated, Movie, TV, Or Comic)

• Short Ears
  • Long Ears

0 voters

6 Likes

I think I like the long ears, but honestly it all depends on the Batsuit.

13 Likes

Very True. I feel the same way. When '89 Batman came out, I loved the long ears, and then when I saw Batfleck’s short ears, I loved those as well.

7 Likes

Very true, Keaton’s suit needed the long ears.
Affleck’s suit wouldn’t look good with long ears.
Yet Bale’s suit had ears that seemed to be in between. Which fits that’s suit very well.

8 Likes

Well Said.

4 Likes

I prefer the longer ears in animation or in the comics. But live action I prefer the shorter ears. Otherwise they tend to wobble and that takes me out of it.

6 Likes

Long ears create a more interesting silhouette, but look a little unwieldy if they’re too long. Like, I’m not asking for three-foot-long Kelley Jones ears, but I would basically take the distance from the top of the real ear to the top of the head, and make the bat ears about that long again. And I’m personally fond of the forward-swept ears in the Arkhamverse.

4 Likes

Bronze Age long ears and a blue and gray suit with a yellow oval bat symbol.

7 Likes

How does one sit in the batmobile with long ears? It just doesn’t seem practical.

6 Likes

HaHa. I saw a documentary one time that showed that they had to make two batsuits for one of the movies. Where they had one that was his main suit, but the batmobile suit had just slightly shorter ears. Just thought that was funny.

4 Likes

Definitely short ears. It’s practical, and looks more like a Bat in my opinion.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Yep, I love them both, depending on the suit. :+1:

6 Likes

Okay I picked the short ears but if THIS is suit, then I’m down with long.

3 Likes

I usually go for long cuz bats have long ears so Batman should too, but it really depends how they’re shaped. A lot of the time with the long ears they’re depicted as these thin things in the middle of his head, rather than the way that actually looks good - thick base, sorta curved in the back, and pushed to the back portion of his head rather than smack in the middle. If they aren’t gonna be shaped right then I’d rather see them short.

5 Likes

I voted long but why not medium?

4 Likes

I like him with short ears normally but how could you not love the Kelley Jones covers that were super creepy with really long ears?

5 Likes

Omg…I don’t know if this is what you had in mind… but I just pictured him with two completely different sized ears… like his right ear is short but his left ear is super long… lol I almost just laughed out loud

3 Likes

I like the short with Batman he’s gotta be stealthy an quick what happens when neds to dodge duck an dive he’s gotta overcompensate for his big ears . I mean I guess they be weapons if they broke off right ha

2 Likes

I didn’t vote because I can go either way, really. Out of the 4 pictures in the first post, Affleck with his original short ears and Keaton look great to me. Photoshopped Affleck with the long ears looks wrong. The cowl on the bottom left corner looks more like more like a cat than a bat, to my eyes at least (sorry not sure what that’s from). Sooo… depends on execution?

2 Likes