:wondersquadron1: Share Your Wonder Woman Collection Here! :wondersquadron2:

My watch strap arrived safely from Kyiv ( :ukraine: :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:) yesterday.

I had to make some adjustments before the pocket watch would fit inside. The diameter for the watch face was correct, but as this isn’t made for a specific model there are various attributes of the watch that don’t work for it. First I connected the openings at the top so there would be more give and also be enough room to fit the crown (top part) of the pocket watch. Cutting through leather is not something I’ve ever tried before, but it was possible with an exacto knife and some patience.

Unfortunately it still was not possible to fit the watch in there properly, so I had to take the strap apart a little bit. I used my seam ripper to pull apart the stitching on the right side (I also had to pull apart the glue). Then after I had the watch fitting properly inside, I sewed it back together. It doesn’t look as nice on the right edge now, but I’m probably the only one who notices it.

So the watch will not be removable without taking the strap apart again, but this doesn’t matter to me because a) the watch doesn’t work anyway and b) my entire purpose was to create a replica of Steve’s watch for display. I’m happy with it. It will go in a case or maybe one day be worked into a cosplay. (Not on my wrist though. Either Chris Pine has the largest wrists imaginable or the model in the movie was actually quite a bit smaller than this one. It’s huge and also quite heavy.)

17 Likes

Looks great! Nice that you were able to figure out how to make a replica.

Who knows what project might grab you next? :grin:

7 Likes

This is amazing work @Angel212! Very cool! :smiley:

7 Likes

Btw, friends! Slowly but surely, I’ll get more pics in here, I promise, but I have this one handy right this minute! :wondersquadron1: :black_heart:

19 Likes

What manner of Diana is this?! (Like, is she from a certain story or comic arc?) That arm guard is just :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

It’s from The Art of War collection. That one is Cliff Chiang. The armor is totally what sold me too. :star_struck::black_heart:

15 Likes

So cool! :star_struck: The armor reminds me of her amazing look in the Smallville comic:

Bonus panel no one but me asked for of Diana glomping Steve:

13 Likes

Whoa! That’s an incredible collection!

9 Likes

Thank you! I guess it’s good to have a hobby. :smile:

9 Likes

This came in last week. Welcome home (again). :00_wonder_woman_gold: :black_heart:

20 Likes

Snagged this from the Hallmark Store on Wednesday:

She’s pretty spiffy and has raised hair.

Hallmark has two Wonder Woman 1984 ornaments for this Christmas season, with this one catching my four eyes:

I didn’t buy that one, but I may as Christmas approaches.

15 Likes

:smiley: :+1:

8 Likes

Thank you for the heads up! I have the WW84 ornament (gift from my wife last year. It stays up year-round), but I obviously need the other well as well.

This makes me excited thinking about all the other ornaments will be coming out this year…

I guess that I forgot to post that I also got WW Black and Gold. Here’s an action shot (with apologies to Green Arrow for being eclipsed).

Also, looking forward to Golden Age WW omnibus #5 coming out for my birthday (October). There is a ton of stuff in there that is not on DCUI, so I will be getting some brand-new Golden Age material! Woo Woo!

18 Likes

That is a really cool WW ornament Vroom! I wish we still had a Hallmark here as they always have great items it seems (I dont like ordering online)

10 Likes

:purple_heart:

8 Likes

Thank you.

Most of the Hallmarks around me closed some time back, but the one I got the ornament at was about…30-35 minutes away.

I wasn’t even aware of/looking for the piece, TBH. I was with my BFF and as he bought a couple Christmas ornaments for himself, I saw the WW piece and said “Great Hera, that’s neat.” and snagged her.

Its always fun to find stuff you didn’t know about until you come across it in-person. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Ah the thrill of the hunt! I love finding stuff I never knew of as well.

8 Likes

Spoken like a true collector. :fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

6 Likes

Birthday card and t-shirt from my wife:

She says I’m easy to shop for. :laughing: :00_wonder_woman_stars:

20 Likes

Happy birthday, @SteveTrevor2.0! :birthday:

That shirt is amazing. :joy: Looks like you owe Diana some royalties, Bezos. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes