Share Your Favorite Scary DC Stories

October 2023 is here! What are some of your favorite spooky/horrific stories from DC?

12 Likes

Batman Black Mirror is my favorite horror storyline.

The creepiest moments are in #872 and all the back-ups with Jim Gordon were just straight up disturbing.

9 Likes

The Sandman: 24 Hour Diner.

13 Likes

Joker: Killer Smile isn’t scary, but it’s definitely Halloween-esque, so I’m leaving it here lol

10 Likes

My all-time favorite DC Comics scary story is “Hopping Down the Bunny Trail” from The Unexpected no. 202, September 1980. It is just so darn bizarre, and proof that in the right hands even the Easter Bunny can be frightening…

9 Likes

11 Likes

Is that the issue where Constantine loses Astra thanks to his hubris?

9 Likes

Co-Signed

6 Likes

These two issues were particularly haunting to me.

11 Likes

Beside Batman: The Long Halloween, I would pick The Batman Adventures #21…

While it’s kids friendly, it does make a good Halloween story.:grinning: :halloween_batman:

11 Likes

Another favorite, Hellblazer no.3, “Going for It.” I’m not sure I would say it is scary per se, but it is one of my favorite Constantine stories.
HB3

10 Likes

I remember a scene from the film devils advocate, that seemed to lifted straight out of that issue of hellblazer. Let’s just say it involved a jogger and some demonic activity.

8 Likes

Another freaky issue of Hellblazer I remember having an impression on me.

10 Likes

Indeed it is.

5 Likes

I gotta stick with my favorite Joker storyline “ Death of the Family “, I could easily go with my favorite Batman storyline too- “ Black Mirror “. Both are perfect Halloween/ Scary reads.
Great thread btw… I’m getting some good info on comics after I finish Knight Terrors & Lazarus Planet….

5 Likes

This is a great thread. I am adding everything that I haven’t already read to my read next list!

7 Likes

Right…!!! I’m doing the exact same…

4 Likes