Several DC TV and Movies Leaving MAX in December

I was looking over the list of what is leaving MAX in December and sadly the list of movies and shows leaving was longer than usual, and multiple DC TV shows and Movies are leaving sadly, including many that have been on MAX since it launched as HBO MAX. So I thought I would make everyone aware.

Batman (1966) - Honestly this one isn’t shocking as Warner apparently doesn’t own distribution rights and presumably licensed it from FOX (I believe is who owns it) so figured it was not sticking around for the long term.

Beware the Batman
Constantine: City of Demons
DC Super Hero Girls: Hero of the Year
DC Super Hero Girls: Intergalactic Games
DC Super Hero Girls: Legends of Atlantis
Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons
Flashpoint (I got to watch that, I say knowing I will probably not get around to it. lol)
LEGO DC Super Hero Girls: Brain Drain
LEGO DC Super Hero Girls: Super-Villain High
LEGO Justice League: Cosmic Clash
LEGO Justice League: Gotham City Breakout
Teen Titans Go! & DC Super Hero Girls: Mayhem in the Multiverse
Teen Titans Go! See Space Jam
Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic

I am guessing a lot of this forum (unless they have kids of course) is probably not going to miss the DC Super Hero Girls content which is most of what is going out, that must be an issue of the license running out or they licensed them all in bulk to Tubi or Netflix or something. And to be honest I doubt many were watching Constantine: City of Demons, Deathstroke: Knights and Dragons, and Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic. (Wonder how The Ray and Vixen escaped unscathed, maybe more people are watching those) and honestly… no one will miss Teen Titans Go! See Space Jam.

But is a shame to see so many DC Content leave their library just the same and Beware the Batman and Flashpoint were quality animated DC.

It is entirely possible some of it will eventually come back. I am also reminded of a time they announce about 4 animated DC series were leaving MAX and then they just… never left. So guess there is always hope. But while a lot of us just like the idea of seeing as large a DC library as possible truth is most of this is the kind of content no one cares about until it’s gone.

10 Likes

Wonder Woman Bloodlines is also leaving.

6 Likes

Didn’t even see that one, another one bites the dust.

Again, I doubt I was watching that one soon if ever, so I don’t want to be one of those “I can’t believe something I haven’t watched in the three years it was up is being removed” people. But I sure hope this won’t become a trend. To be fair there is new DC Content added too but not enough if this becomes an every month thing, but it’s the end of the year hopefully they are cleaning house or something and this won’t be a regular thing. DC Content had not had much leave in the last year.

6 Likes

A vast majority of these are going to Netflix

8 Likes

I never plan on rewatching, but I do enjoy watching the Lego DC movies. Boss is amazing in them.

8 Likes

The second worst place they could go.

8 Likes

hope the dcamu movies come to netflix if they go anywhere

6 Likes

I thought they were the major DC films… nothing to worry about. The kids will probably forget them anyway lol

Good thing physical is still a thing. For now (glares at Best Buy)

6 Likes

That would make sense. Guess the up side is they could likely be back on MAX once Netflix deal ends, which for those kind of things often is relatively short.

Edit: Ok I got curious and just looked. The DC Movies going to Netflix are League of Superpets, Man of Steel, Shazam!, Shazam! 2, Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman 1984 and The Batman. Which at least assuming the list going out everywhere is correct, none of those are leaving MAX next month. (I sure hope not, but I got to believe if they were removing The Batman and almost all of the DCEU films in a month word would have gotten out.)

I guess those could be going to Netflix in January hence them being removed in December, but don’t think they have released that info. So it would seem that is not related.

6 Likes

Max has been doing this for ever. First Max was using DCUI as a testing ground to bring shows that were tracking onto Max.

When I see a " Hub" I want everything on it. I get so tired of having to wait for something decent to get on Max. Impractical Jokers is one of those shows, where for some reason Max has to wait too long after a season airs to get said season added.

Then ya get series on there where like Impractical Jokers for example, episodes are missing.

It is annoying.

The only good thing about Max is it is cheaper than Hulu. For the moment.

4 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Corpsmember.78! :tada::cake::confetti_ball:

5 Likes

be funny if this had yellow filling to reference hal and parallax

5 Likes

Tis the dopest of all cakes.

4 Likes

Variety reported today that Warner Bros. Discovery has a deal with Tubi to add a whole bunch of DC movies and series. They already have Krypton, Gotham, Birds of Prey and Batwoman. Flashpoint Paradox and the Death of Superman animated movies are already on there. Other movies debuting later this month or next are: Aquaman, Black Adam, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. Also slated, The Batman trilogy. Green Lantern and later in 2024 Wonder Woman 1984, as well as the Fantabulous Harly Quinn and Stargirl series.

4 Likes

Interesting. Obviously it could be wrong but it doesn’t seem most of those are being removed from MAX at least not this month so guessing it isn’t an exclusive rights thing on those. (could be wrong but seems unlikely Tubi could afford the DCEU movies especially exclusively, plus they seem to be going to Netflix as well.

Still could be part of the deal is exclusive rights to those movies/shows, the DC Superhero Girls and those animated movies seem more in line with what Tubi has always had. Birds of Prey has also been on Tubi many times before.

3 Likes

i wonder why they got harley quinn and 1984
those arent something to brag about nor bring in money

3 Likes

Fellas!

Stargirl just landed on Tubi. For those who haven’t seen the series or don’t have MAX to watch. Go for it

6 Likes

S150

3 Likes

Reaaally? That is very interesting

3 Likes

loved the stargirl and the lost children comic
mostly cuz it brings back a character i enjoy
secret (apparently dc considers 17-18 as children but i’ll forgive the title cuz it still allowed her to return)
stargirl is alright from what ive seen of her as a comic character

3 Likes