Set The Mood: Endless Winter

STM

Onwards with the winter season – and with it, the less-fun side of ice and snow.

This week we’re looking at Endless Winter, the short serial revolving around – you guessed it – a threat of endless winter. After spending a thousand years buried in a glacier, the infamous Frost King has woken again, swearing to get his vengeance and throw the entire world into a climate crisis (… a different one, at least).

Now, I love winter, but ice isn’t really my bag; the look and feeling of it sends a shiver up my spine for a whole other reason. Ever get squicked out when someone crunches the ice at the bottom of their drink cup?

Since I can’t imagine living in a world surrounded by ice, I made that fear the focus of my boards this week.

QUICK Q&A:

Hold up, Static. What the heck is a moodboard?
Putting it simply, moodboards are a series of graphics that are used as a way of capturing the atmosphere surrounding a particular subject to briefly immerse the viewer into the “mood” of said subject. Kind of like collages! Which is why there’s no right or wrong way to make one. You could make one entirely out of relevant quotes, or organize one by a certain color palette, or just fill it up with pics of things that represent the subject point-blank. It’s your board!

How do I make a moodboard? How do I post it here?
Personally, I find the easiest way to make moodboards is through Pinterest. For those who aren’t familiar with the site, it’s a hub for images/videos that can be added to “boards” you create based on personal interests or whatever you’re particularly searching for. Many people use it for the sole purpose of creating moodboards, so there’s plenty of stuff to work with there if you’re not inclined to create one from scratch.

That said, you’re also free to make one through any editing program if you don’t wanna go about making a whole Pinterest account! Just paste the graphic(s) here as you would any other image. If you’re doing a Pinterest board, feel free to drop the link to it, or provide a preview screenshot!

And finally, for those who don’t wanna do either of those things but still want to participate, you’re more than welcome to create a moodboard of your own here by posting any pictures you may find relevant and just sort of talking about your thought process on them. (Ex. post a photo of masks and talk about how that may relate to “Crazy” Jane.) Otherwise, feel free to just openly discuss your thoughts on the topic at hand.

As always, remember to keep all contents of this thread respective of the Forum Guidelines. This includes doing your civil duties to keep a check on profanity, keep things SFW, and remain respectful towards one another’s work. For now, let’s also stick to posting :warning: ONE BOARD PER PERSON (PER TOPIC)! :warning:

Would you survive this winter?

5 Likes

Of course I would survive the winter. Batman Returns proves that.

1 Like

Is the cape fur-lined? What about the boots? Don’t the tights get cold?!

3 Likes

Bats do not have fur on their wings, so the cape does not have fur. The rest of the suit can be winterized with artificial bat fur.

My batboots are thick enough to keep my toes warm.

The tights do not get cold. They keep me from getting too cold and all the exercise from fighting does the rest.

2 Likes

When I was a kid, sure. Until I was 10 and a half, I grew up in cold weather-heavy states, so “surviving” it was second nature.

Now, though? I’m fine just where I am. A snowflake hasn’t touched the ground here in years and years, and I couldn’t be happier. I’ll continue to enjoy the snowless weather as I delve into my re-read of Endless Winter as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t speak for this year, but I did survive the Texas Ice Storm last year. I even took a picture before it got heavy with snow:

3 Likes

That was February of this year.

I took lots of pictures of my wife and then new puppy in the snow, but didn’t think to take any selfies in it :man_shrugging:

Here was me and our dog Fezzik staying inside and not turning into popsicles :laughing:

5 Likes

tumblr_plnvuafAAF1wvslr2_250

My mind has lost all concept of time :rofl:

3 Likes

Same here. (Oh, the spats I used to get into with my old landlord any of the hundreds of times my pipes froze …)

I also grew up in a house on top of a hill as a kid and our driveway was about a football field long and very steep. The winters made it so hard to walk up the hill when I came home from school … I used to have to get on all fours at some point and just literally, physically climb the driveway. :joy:

Most of my relatives have since moved on to similar places for the above reasoning. I love snow too much to rid myself of it, even if it is a pain in the butt!

Yikes!! I forgot all about that. I had a friend in Texas several years ago whom I remember I was on the phone with when he went outside and saw his first snow … just a couple flakes on the ground, but he was wigging out!

You might just be up to the Endless Winter task yet … :thinking:

First of all, I’m obsessed with this pic. Look how warm and safe that pup is! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That pic of your backyard is all too accurate too.

4 Likes