Set The Mood: DC Pride

setthemood

Happy Pride Month, everyone!

Being a member of the LGBTQ+ community myself, I’m very honored to be spending my first DC Pride here with the wonderful community! :black_heart: :brown_heart: :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

Like many of you, I love to see people like myself represented in the characters I care most about. My moodboard this week features some of those very people, all of whom had a hand in me poking my head into comics to begin with!

QUICK Q&A:

Hold up, Static. What the heck is a moodboard?
Putting it simply, moodboards are a series of graphics that are used as a way of capturing the atmosphere surrounding a particular subject to briefly immerse the viewer into the “mood” of said subject. Kind of like collages! Which is why there’s no right or wrong way to make one. You could make one entirely out of relevant quotes, or organize one by a certain color palette, or just fill it up with pics of things that represent the subject point-blank. It’s your board!

How do I make a moodboard? How do I post it here?
Personally, I find the easiest way to make moodboards is through Pinterest. For those who aren’t familiar with the site, it’s a hub for images/videos that can be added to “boards” you create based on personal interests or whatever you’re particularly searching for. Many people use it for the sole purpose of creating moodboards, so there’s plenty of stuff to work with there if you’re not inclined to create one from scratch.

That said, you’re also free to make one through any editing program if you don’t wanna go about making a whole Pinterest account! Just paste the graphic(s) here as you would any other image. If you’re doing a Pinterest board, feel free to drop the link to it, or provide a preview screenshot!

And finally, for those who don’t wanna do either of those things but still want to participate, you’re more than welcome to create a moodboard of your own here by posting any pictures you may find relevant and just sort of talking about your thought process on them. (Ex. post a photo of masks and talk about how that may relate to “Crazy” Jane.) Otherwise, feel free to just openly discuss your thoughts on the topic at hand.

As always, remember to keep all contents of this thread respective of the Forum Guidelines. This includes doing your civil duties to keep a check on profanity, keep things SFW, and remain respectful towards one another’s work. For now, let’s also stick to posting :warning: ONE BOARD PER PERSON (PER TOPIC)! :warning:

Who is YOUR favorite LGBTQ+ hero?

13 Likes

My favorite is John Constantine, although Wonder Woman is a close second. Anyway, I love your board!

9 Likes

Love the moodboard and the pride logos! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

The Jon Kent Superman, with Harley Quinn a close second.

Diggin’ the board, too! :+1:t2:

8 Likes

Really because she’s Super Hot!

8 Likes

I am not good at these things but I gave it a shot:

Diana (clearly :sweat_smile:), but I also love Renee Montoya. :00_dc_pride:

14 Likes

This is my favorite panel of Renee. :purple_heart: Can’t not drop it off. :00_dc_pride:

And just gonna leave this glorious (totally Bisexual :00_dc_pride_bs:) :wondersquadron1:Amazon right here…

14 Likes

And honorable mention as theyve quite grown on me

10 Likes

I’m a big Stephen Byrne fan so I really loved his version of Ray (from the Rebirth JLA run, for those who want to look at the comic, Byrne did, I believe, only the one shot and issue #21, but for folks who want to check out his art, the Wonder Twins run with Mark Russell is highly recommended) - and I’m really glad we got both the animated DCW/Seed series, which eventually became the animated DVD movie and also the live action version with Russell Tovey (and I’d like to see them do at least a one shot HBO Max special with him and Wentworth Miller).

Sorry, it’s late and I have to go sit around and wait for walk-in x-rays in a few so not a real mood board!

8 Likes

You did perfectly well! :smile: (And great choice!)

I’m all for people presenting their boards by any means that suits them – whether it’s a series of images related to the character, sharing a relevant song, or any other way someone can think to present their feelings on that subject. It’s all good (and super intriguing to see, in my opinion)!

Hope all is well in this case too … :eyes:

5 Likes

Yeah, thanks - all routine. I mean, some x-rays last year turned up minor arthritis below my knee caps which is weird to know that’s a thing that can happen to people, but I’ve got this cream I can apply that does a great pain relief job and I can apply it elsewhere, topically, and the insurance pays for it - so that’s a plus. But thanks for asking!

3 Likes