Serious question about Batsuits

Has batman ever worn a purple and blue Batsuit during the 60s. Torso, legs, arms were purple. Cowl, gloves, boots were blue.

1 Like

Y’know, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that particular look in a comic, but there’s a pretty good chance that a purple/blue color scheme was used on one of the Batman action figures within the last thirty years. Maybe a figure from the BTAS line of the early nineties? I can’t say that I’m an expert on the matter, but such a large change in the Batsuit colors doesn’t seem like something comic creators would have done in the sixties, though it is something toy manufacturers would concoct to add some variety into their products.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I’ve read the 60s Bat books and don’t recall that combination. The closest thing to that combo is the NES game sprite from the 90s. There may be a purple suit in Tec 241 but I’m not sure.

2 Likes

Yeah the rainbow suit issue was the only one I could recall where he might have even considered wearing one. My brother in law told me his father used to read the comics in the 60s and he had a purple and blue suit. I didn’t think it was accurate so I figured I’d ask the DC experts on here! Thank you both for your replies.

1 Like

I did a Google image search and came upon this chart of “Significant Batsuits”. The closest one that fits your description is the “Superfriends” suit of 1973, which looks kinda purple-ish, but not really straight-up purple.
There’s also the possibility of unintended coloring, like images coming out slightly different when they were finally printed, or, depending on the paper stock, the colors fading and looking different over time.

I guess what I’m saying, if in a roundabout way, is that I don’t think purple-and-blue have ever been an intentional color scheme used for the Batsuit. That’s just my two cents, though.

The only time I’ve seen him that color combination was in Batman #488 but that came out in the 90’s.Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 11.29.10 AM

2 Likes

Superfriends Batman was much bluer on the show than it is in that infographichqdefault

1 Like

You’re not wrong. Though I imagine the shade could’ve been different depending on the episode. It’d hardly be the first or last cartoon to fudge up the coloring.