đź“Ż SDCC '23: Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong đź’Ą

Not a hoax! Not a dream! Definitely an imaginary tale!

Read all about it right here: :point_down:t2:

What are your thoughts on this upcoming titanic tale of titans vs. titans?

Also, if this floats your boat, are you going to buy the Godzilla and Kong-themed “Roar Sound FX” variant covers, as seen below:

12 Likes

I will take one regular Godzilla cover please.

7 Likes

Not too keen on dropping $14.99 for the roaring cover, eh?

6 Likes

Any chance of King Kong holding Black Canary on top of Empire state building while she scream? :rofl:
That sound really interesting.:grinning:

8 Likes

One time there was a fancast thread and I suggested Faye Wray as Black Canary. Think of the SFX costs saved!

6 Likes

That would actually make an amusing variant, which we likely won’t get, so someone who is on social should @ Otto Schmidt about it! And perhaps even also @ Daniel Warren Johnson (although I’ve no idea if he’s got any social accounts).

@Vroom this is a great idea, the type of things DC should be involved in more. I don’t necessarily mind that these often include the Batgod, because it lead to some lovely meme’s like this one:

But the other cross-overs of the past few years have also been good attempts, such as this one:

that it’s not just surprising, but a shame we didn’t get some of the more obvious ones, like Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and Jughead the Hunger, with say The Demon and Zatanna (or Sabrina and Salem with Klarion and Teekl).

I mean we got both RWBY and the Power Rangers with the Justice League!

I’m also pleased this is happening given the recent animosity between Legendary, the production studio, and Warner Brothers, the movie studio. Hopefully this comity will extend to possibly making something animated with these MonsterVerse characters and the Justice League. Perhaps finally, someone can take that potential idea over to talk Apple TV+ into bankrolling the animated movie?/series? since they are the last people standing that truly have money to burn, that would still be left standing with butt loads of money left over.

4 Likes

(Pounds fists together) Here we go now!

Big Godzilla fan and I enjoy the Monsterverse movies. This will be exciting!

5 Likes

Two things I love: DC Comics and kaiju.

5 Likes

-Godzilla steps on Killer Moth, Ambush Bug, Blue Beetle, Gold Beetle, the other Blue Beetles, and every other bug-themed character.

OOPS, MY BAD.

5 Likes

Yeah, I needed this in my life.

6 Likes

My one concern is…will 7 issues be long enough? From what has been confirmed, we have the League & the Legion & Godzilla AND King Kong. If it was just Godzilla I wouldn’t be saying anything. I just hope they have enough time to juggle everything

6 Likes

Textless preview pages are floating around on-line, I’ll spoiler them since (and to @EDT’s point it is a large cast of DC characters, many of which will likely be, at best, extended cameos) some of them even without speech bubbles do reveal some info.

4 Likes

Identity Crisis was also 7 issues and it’s one of my favorite stories, to be fair!

7 Likes

Fair! I just want to be sure that we get as much fun out of it without rushing anything

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I want a lot of sweeeet Godzilla action lol so I get where you’re coming from

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @MiscellaneousSoup! :birthday: I hope you have a great one! :bowl_with_spoon:

5 Likes

It’s been a long time since I’ve been this excited over a new release, I friggin LOVE Godzilla (especially the Showa era heck yes)

Superman mistakes Kong for Titano, calling it now.

5 Likes

Happy DCUI Anniversary @MiscellaneousSoup
A761F0E0-5DF9-4731-92E4-3EAA4370F896

5 Likes

@MiscellaneousSoup

Happy birthday!

4 Likes

Favorite of the Showa-era?

Ha! :smile:

On that note, JLvGvK needs a “Is that Titano?” nod at some point with regards to Kong.

Maybe Gamera could cameo (Yes, I know that he isn’t part of the Monsterverse, but run with the idea anyway :wink:) and someone could say “Cripes! Is Olsen a turtle, again?”.

5 Likes