scooby doo apocalypse

Heard a rumor that the comic would be cancelled. Anyone else bummed? I also really liked the flintstones. I would highly recommend both if you grew up watching the cartoons lol.

2 Likes

It is ending soon. The final issue will be #36. I don’t like Scooby Doo, but I admit I did enjoy the first trade of this series due to Jim Lee’s involvement with it.

1 Like

Read it past couple of days on Comixology Unlimited, and I was surprised in how much I enjoyed it. The art was good even with the rotating artists, and it was interesting how Giffen and DeMatteis reinterpreted the characters. Only complaint I had was that they took the whole “any comic can be someone’s first” mentality and took it way too far. I’m pretty sure that in the twelve issues I read, we see Daphnie and Velma have the exact same argument at least eight or nine times.

2 Likes

Jay I noticed that too! It seems like they are always explaining previous issues. Other than that tho i really like the character portrayals and the storyline. Have you checked out the flintstones?

2 Likes

And jim lee adds a special magic touch that makes everything more interesting!

3 Likes

@SouthPark, you’re absolutely right! JL could draw an empty, featureless wall and it would be awesome.

3 Likes

DC’s Flintstones comic is excellent :+1: It’s so good, I’ve bought the whole collection twice, for myself, and as a gift.

1 Like

Lol xnam I love it! Maybe i should gift it as well lol. I loved the story so much I read the trades in a day lol. Wish we got more!! Loved the political and economic commentary.

If you liked it for the commentary, you’d love The Flintstones from that same line. It takes that and amps it up to eleven.

I didn’t read Scooby Apocalypse, but I’ll echo all of the other comments about the Flintstones book. That was a gem and a half. Such a great book that looked at current social issues through the lens of the silly Flintstones world. So good.

Ya my bad I should have specified better lol. I meant I loved the flintstones so much I read it in a day. The commentary and story are so great I always recommend it lol. The art is really good as well.

I just wish we got another 12 issues lol. Scooby is ending so that’s a bummer. I read that the hannah Barbera beyond line might be coming to an end. I hope it’s not true considering how great the books were. I didn’t pick up the other comics in the line so I’m not sure about those.