#SaveSwampThing

I heard it’s because of a Tax Refund misunderstanding with North Carolina. Why that means the show needs to be cancelled instead of relocated is beyond me. Honestly do any of us care if this is shot in North Carolina, Virginia or Mississippi? He’ll they can shoot this at the WB lots for all I care it isn’t hard for studios to recreate an old town and swamp. IJS cancelling doesn’t make sense especially since it was so well received.

1 Like

Not happy!

I was so sad about Swamp Thing being cancelled. This show was the main reason why I subscribed in the first place. I really hope they reconsider after this season is done, second episode was awesome by the way. Its a shame they cut it this early on, Please DC. #SAVESWAMPTHING

It could be incredibly costly. Maybe after one show they decided no matter what the viewership, it wouldn’t be profitable with the effects needed? Why announce so early? Maybe legal troubles or the actors left. If it’s really good maybe they will make it a movie. Not the best marketing I’ll admit to announce a cancellation after the first show - must have somehow been forced.

(Assuming the company isn’t run whimsically that is).

Love this show bring the green back for season 2

1 Like

WB/DC lost about 20 million dollars from the North Carolina debacle, and, given the extreme quality of the show, they had, unwillingly, had to cut their losses.

We do have 10 episodes of a beautifully-made and scary story.

I’m very grateful for being able to have this superior experience to enjoy, and, remember, s#!t does happen.

2 Likes

Sh*t, I hope they make it a movie or at least a crossover in another movie. After all they spent on the costume and sets. Maybe they can monetize the series on Amazon or YouTube.

#SaveSwampthing

2 Likes

I love this series I really want a Season 2 of this show.

2 Likes

Ummmm…perceptions matter now more than ever. And DC’s image just took yet another hit. News like this (and it is everywhere) will drive away new customers AND others not to renew…ATT wants this so they can ax DC Universe and just offer all the DC movies and TV shows on the new Warner’s streaming service so they can charge $17.00. Disney/Marvel will be $7.99. Do the math…Disney/Marvel couldn’t write a better script. They have won…again.

3 Likes

Yeah I really am digging Swamp Thing so it is disappointing that they would cancel and announce it how they did. I mean DC had one of their best movie years in 2018 and while the amount of content isn’t where it should be on here though good; the quality of their movies and shows has been getting better the past 6 months with Aquaman, Shazam, Young Justice, Doom Patrol, and now Swamp Thing so my hope is this isn’t a sign of what’s to come in reducing content and quality of their shows resulting in unhappy fans and a negative working relationship with all the people who work so hard to try and bring these DC stories and characters to life!

3 Likes

#saveswampthing I honestly think they are setting up JLD

They ARE listening. But, say down the line somebody decides to make more episodes of SWAMP THING. NO ONE CAN PROMISE THAT. Even if its relatively the same, it will be a NEW PRODUCTION. This isn’t network television. Thinking in ‘seasons’ is just going to cause headaches, even heartaches. And the more civil the protest, the request for more, the more you will be heard.

1 Like

Listen, I love Swamp Thing. But let’s be honest with ourselves. 85 million dollars is a LOT of money. DC Universe is still a niche network, and while I don’t have the actual numbers available, I’m sure they’re not making nearly enough money to justify the costs of that show. Hell, they might not even have the funding to even justify this service at all. With Warner Bros rolling out their own streaming service, I have a feeling a lot of the successful shows will just roll over there. Especially if they don’t hurry up and release this network internationally. I know for a fact that some countries haven’t even gotten the service available to them.

1 Like

Starting a Hashtag or a petition won’t change anything. You can point to Young Justice if you want, but that was a show that had been demanded for years and garunteed people to join the service. Swamp Thing isn’t strong enough of a property for the general public.

1 Like

Swamp Thing is the first show besides the cartoons that I can watch with my daughter and she is a huge teen titans fan and I want let her watch that joke of a show because it is no way kid friendly but we have really enjoyed swamp thing I myself like doom patrol but she can’t watch that so if they do away with swamp thing I most likely will cancel my service I have been really disappointed in the DC Universe

I personally feel they shot him self in the foot with your decision end Swamp Thing

1. The public response to the decision
  2. It would of open up the DC universe to Justice League Dark. Easier way to introduce certain characters

I personally don’t want a Justice League Dark show without Swamp Thing

Just my Opinion

1 Like

@pottie500.37035 I am a bit baffled by your claim that Swamp thing is the only kid friends show besides the cartoons. Aside form pretty much all the non DCU Original shows all the live action ones are pretty family friends. And while I do agree Titans is not kid friends not is Doom Patrol, I am baffled that you claim Swamp Thing, a show with violence and gore in every issue is. I mean not judging what your daughter watches, just a surprising statement that Swamp Thing is apparently considered kid friendly. Although does suck if you and your daughter both enjoy it that it will only last another 7 episodes.

2 Likes

Since they are not going to be at Hall H this summer, they should put a sizzle roll on this steaming service (even if it’s for one night only. They could feature clips from “Joker”, BoP, and “Wonder Woman, 84” as well as some announcements of other up coming films.

1 Like