#SaveSwampThing

Why is this happening?
Why no one listens to the DC community?
There are a lot of us that got the subscription just to watch Swamp Thing because it looked promising and it is!.

65 Likes

I got a Subscription JUST for swamp thing. I’ve really enjoyed Doom Patrol but I’m here for Swamp Thing and once it’s gone I really don’t forsee myself renewing my subscription. :C I will enjoy the remaining episodes while I can. It a shame. The first episode was a delight.

4 Likes

Same. Only reason I bought was for Swamp Thing. Such a shame, but I’ll also cancel once I finish the series and pray that Netflix or someone else will buy the rights.

1 Like

I think Swamp Thing only hope is if HBO takes over

1 Like

Based on the pilot, Swamp Thing has the potential to be my favorite DC show. Today’s news has been very upsetting and not just because of Swamp Thing. What does this mean for future DC content that doesn’t fit the mold?

This show deserves a chance to succeed or fail. Why cut it before it even has a chance to go either way? It makes no sense.

3 Likes

I really hope they listen to the fans, everyone’s just freaking out on twitter, if you use the saveswampthing hashtag you’ll see. And I really really wish this show doesn’t go the The CW… oh man. At least have HBO pick this up. I am so devastated right now.

1 Like

Are you allowed to post in the Watchtower?

And now it’s moved!

Sucks that they didn’t give it a chance. I hope the first episode was just a taste of what is to come. So far, these shows have not disappointed.

This is a sad day for being a DC fan

1 Like

Hey everyone, thank you so very much for letting us know just how much you care about Swamp Thing. Your passion and enthusiasm are absolutely touching. Due to the sensitivity of these rumors, we wanted to offer some answers to questions that you might have. We posted a thread in the Watchtower which explains more about Swamp Thing, and you can read more here: https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/watchtower/swamp-thing-update-2

If you have any concerns that haven’t been answered, please feel free to leave a comment on the Watchtower thread and it’ll be answered just as soon as possible. We’re going to try to consolidate any information and answers in that thread.

I will also be moving this thread to Support and Feedback in just a moment.

4 Likes

Cool. Cant express my love for this show enough. I know it’s only been one episode, but it’s going so well.
Crystal Reed is KILLING IT!! Her scene with Virgina Madsen was stellar. I felt the guilt. I felt the powerlessness. Absolutely convinced by her every action and reaction. Her scream in the autopsy room felt like a real reaction!
I really like Andy Bean’s Holland too! He brings so much personality to the role in such subtle ways.
I can honestly say there wasnt a single thing I didnt like about this episode!

If there is really a conflict of whether the show should be a ‘procederal’ or ‘horror’ gotta say I would have preferred horror. I hope this show can be revived somehow.

I’d been hoping Swamp Thing could be a backdoor way to bring Constantine, the real Constantine, back. Matt Ryan’s Constantine is wasted on Legends of Tomorrow and he deserves to have at least a guest appearance in Swamp Thing. Hearing the news gave me bad flashbacks of what happened to Constantine way back in 2015.

2 Likes

This all just reminded me that I’m still upset about Constantine being cancelled too… sure the guest appearances on Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow were nice but far from the dark/horror story arc and feel from the original show, he was almost a completely different character… the closest they got was the animated movie, and sadly we probably won’t get that with Swamp Thing (an animated movie or guest appearances) being a DC fan is just depressing…

1 Like

Honestly I have loved everything about this service. This sucks but they will come back!

DC need to move from Warner bros…

2 Likes

Maybe this is all just the will of The Parliament of Trees…The Green has spoken, nothing truly dies we are all destined for dirt and we all become furtilizer for new life growing up from the ground. Matter is neither created or destroyed, every end is a new beginning and every death is a new life.

1 Like

DC is making it very difficult to be a fan right now, I know a lot of it is Warner bros. But seriously cancelling a promising show after one episode because you got screwed on some tax breaks? Move production elsewhere, seriously pull your collective heads out your rear ends. Don’t even get me started on comic con and no hall h. When you got 3 movies coming in the next year.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s more complicated that. If running multi billion dollar companies we’re easy everyone would be doing it

DC should keep Swamp Thing going.