Sandman Fanart

Something I whipped up a few days ago. Has anyone else been reading Sandman Mystery Theatre lately?

27 Likes

Sandman mystery theater remains one of my favorite titles. It successfully placeed characters back in the real world. So many titles back then didn’t deal with the world as it was, though it was worse in the 1950s, whereas Sandman mystery theater deals with the the street-level world. The ongoing depression, pre Miranda cops, racism and sexism as virtues back then, all in the world on the brink of a terrible war. I also love that they depicted Wesley and Dian as pretty much Lord Peter wimsey, and Harriet vane from the mysteries by Dorothy LSayers. Oh, and good work there on the drawing. 3 thumbs up (damn nuclear waste sites)!

3 Likes

:notes:Exit light!
Enter night!
Take my hand!
We’re off 2 Neva Neva land!:notes:

2 Likes

Nice drawing! I haven’t read it recently but it’s one of my all time favorite series. I should dig my old issues out to reread them.

2 Likes

I think this is the first Sandman art I’ve seen on here. I like it a lot. :slight_smile: It looks like it could be right out of a comic, or a cartoon.

5 Likes

I’ve only just started getting into SMT, but man does it have my attention! I can only hope that DC and Warner Bros make a live action production of it someday. I love how Dian is more than a damsel, that she’s a real character with agency. Heck, it all feels so grounded, it’s a delight to read.

And thank you for the compliment, friend!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m only just getting into SMT, but it’s been a joy so far.

2 Likes

Really nice! I especially love the colors :blush:
I’ve been wanting to read SMT for a while, this makes me want to jump in!

3 Likes

Your art is stunning! This could easily be a picture from a comic panel - love the coloring and shading. I’ve not read Sandman Mystery Theatre yet, but will have to check it out!

2 Likes

Awesome™️

2 Likes

Amazing, well done

2 Likes

That is so awesome! Nice art drawing of Sandman. :grinning:

2 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

I only started reading them for the first time a couple of months ago. I’m loving it so far. The dynamic Wes and Dian have is fantastic

2 Likes

I’m not very far into it, but it’s fantastic so far. Highly recommended

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I do hope to make a comic series of my own sooner rather than later…

2 Likes

SANDMAN FANS!

This is an amazing Podcast of Neil Gaiman Reading a Story he wrote for Ray Bradbury’s 91st Birthday.

# Forgetting Ray Bradbury by Neil Gaiman

2 Likes

Very nice work - I really like the shading lines. It’s great to see that kind of detail in modern comic work (even when displaying a golden age era hero).

2 Likes

Nice work! We don’t get a lot, if any :thinking: Sandman or Vertigo related art—so thank you for sharing! Do you have plans for more? I’ll be here for it :star_struck:

3 Likes

My favorite member of the JSA! Nice! I like the mask!

1 Like