Sandman: Dream Hunters

I’m interested in reading this mostly due to Yoshitaka Amano’s artwork, but I’m wondering if I’m going to be lost due to not having read any other Sandman stuff or if I can take it as a standalone story.

1 Like

On the most part, I believe you can read it stand alone, but I would still highly recommend reading the series completely just so you can understand the concepts at play.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve kind of just avoided Sandman for the most part due to reading and not really feeling Gaiman’s Neverwhere. I should probably give it a chance but I’m hesitant to. Like I said I’m mostly there for the artwork.

I think Gaiman’s Sandman is the greatest comic series ever written. You may or may not agree, but you should definitely give it a chance.

2 Likes

I think my issue is a lot of the times, a lot of the deeper comics go right over my head. I think my brain just isn’t tuned for it, a lot of times. Knowing ahead of time that many people place it in the same class as Grant Morrison’s work (who I also struggle with) makes me hesitant to give it a try.

It always kind of makes me feel dumb when I don’t understand something so sometimes I tend to avoid them.

1 Like