S.H.A.D.E.: Agency Of The Past Or Still Active?

I got to thinking about the Super Human Advanced Defensive Executive agency that Frankenstein headlined during The New 52 and wondered…is S.H.A.D.E. still active in the DC Universe or did they fade away/end in some other manner?

I don’t recall them being mentioned in Rebirth or any other recent material. Does anyone know their current status?

SN: Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E is a fun and kooky series. Give it a read =)

4 Likes

I think S.H.A.D.E. is one of those things that will crop up only if it interests the writer(s).
I just don’t see them interesting Bendis enough to be included in Leviathan.

Looking at the covers of Leviathan and knowing his track record at Marvel, his tastes run more along the line of Dennis O’Neil, the late '70s/early '80s street heroes and the tv crime dramas of that same period.

Now, Rucka on the other hand…
I could see him using them.

Maybe S.H.A.D.E will be a red herring that Leviathan ignores, only to have them save the day?

Also, I know I goofed in the definition of S.H.A.D.E.

It stands for Super Human Advanced Defense (not Defensive as autocorrect thought) Executive.

=)

S.H.A.D.E. is definitely still operating in the background (at least for now.) It hasn’t been featured much since Rebirth. The only comics I can remember featuring the organization would be Superman #12-13 (Frankenstein on a S.H.A.D.E. mission), Young Monsters in Love #1, and Dark Nights Batman: The Merciless #1 (emegency meeting of A.R.G.U.S. , D.E.O. , Task Force X, and S.H.A.D.E. heads to discuss the dark multiverse threat.)

I’m pretty sure Bendis will at the very least give it a nod in Event Leviathan. I definitely think it’s an underutilized concept.

1 Like

I remember Frankenstein appearing in Rebirth Superman but I couldn’t recall if it was on S.H.A.D.E business or something else.

I hope Bendis utilizes them.

It recently appeared in an issue of Justice League Dark