Rumor: Why Wonder Woman 1984 Is Delayed

This has been debunked.

Who debunked it @anerdwonder?

This rumor is BS. This is the same vlogger who reported that Disney was planning to fire Kathleen Kennedy and then they gave her a 3 year extension.

In all likelihood it was moved for scheduling reasons.

1 Like

LOL, I donā€™t trust anything she says about anything that isnā€™t her ā€œsourceā€ for DCEU. She has such a bad track record on a lot of things, except DCEU, especially ever since she went to VidCon this past summer. She interacts with a lot of creatives involved in the DCEU which is why I am willing to trust her scoops on the DCEU solely. Her theories about the DCEU are not worth trusting, sheā€™s usually off the mark. Itā€™s only when she mentions her sources having told her something that I actually believe it somewhat.

El Mayimbe debunked.

She talks to them but probably not frequently and they likely donā€™t tell her anything. Its just her grabbing attention (as all biased news do when they trash the DCEU and like pushing out rumors to make it look disorganized to build up others) like always. Itā€™s obvious the movie was pushed back to avoid competition and get another summer release date as it worked well for the first WW

Wonder Woman 1984 had a month pretty much to itself. Frozen doesnā€™t come out until the end of the month. Star Wars is in a separate month altogether. Wonder Woman had a lot of competition in 2017 when it came out and still did really well, so I can see a summer release being appealing. I just donā€™t see WB being scared and that being the reason they moved dates. The Joker movie releasing a month before could also have played a factor. Why not move WW84 to Birds of Preyā€™s date and release BoP in the summer? Maybe the movie is doing extensive reshoots. Either way, itā€™s just a fun rumor to talk about while we wait for any footage or actual news. I donā€™t trust El Mayimbe. There is a reason why he is referred to as, ā€œEh, Maybe.ā€ Heā€™s had so many of his scoops turn out to be false.

Eh this scoop is probably bs but I hope it happens.

Plz add other comic book characters from the Wonder Woman fam such as Wondergirl & Donna Troy

First of all, it should be noted that the ability to change the timeline is not unique to the Flash. Remember, Superman did that back in his first movie back in 1978 (and in the Donner cut if you want to count that) and, certainly, a character like Wonder Woman could do the same. What is so sad is that some blogger would carelessly equate a change in t the timeline by any character as being the Flashpoint story line. Those are different things and I wish those bloggers would stop doing that.

Now as far as WW84, I want to think that the producers realized the value of having Steve Trevor being a part of the franchise going forward and they needed some avenue to get him out of the past. Going back in the past and plucking him from the explosion would be a way to do it but a change in the time line would be the penalty. The thing is that if it happened in 1984, it is doubtful that it would change the events of the Man of Steel Trilogy since it would be the end result of the events of WW84.

The reason Wonder Woman 1984 was pushed back 7 months is because 1. Summer time is the best place for a blockbuster films. More people on vacation means more ticket sales, the all adds to a larger box office profit. Whatever it was going to make on itā€™s original date would have been smaller regardless of quality. This isnt speculation, ā€œthe summer blockbusterā€ is a phrase for a reason.
2. China is going through some cinematic regulations atm that include plans to release international films on dates that coincide with their domestic release dates. This is to cut down on piracy and bring more money in to their film industry. Cultural differences usually result in a heavily edited ā€œinternational versionā€ that meets the individual standards of countries abroad. Recently, China flooded their market with high budget films resulting in low profits for all these films. China is a huge market, 7 months gives WW team plenty if time to get a version that works internationally so they can release it worldwide simultaneously. Itā€™s a smart business move for everyone, unless international regulations result in a compromised vision.

I think someone is playing on Grace's naivety and love of WW.