Routh and Hoechlin as Superman

If true, this will be awesome!

https://deadline.com/2019/07/tyler-hoechlin-brandon-routh-superman-arrowverse-crossover-the-cw-1202649053/

6 Likes

That sounds just…super!

receives high fives from the DC Daily pun masters

3 Likes

I’m hoping Brandon gets to be the DCU Superman, and that they green light the Metropolis show they talked about last year.

1 Like

Two questions. Is this supposed to be tying in the movie universe and if not what’s the point of two Supermen? Also, why isn’t Black Lightning considered a part of the Arrowverse?

1 Like
  1. We don’t know if it’s a tie-in to the movie universe, but based on last year’s crossover it’s safe to say he’s from SOME alternate universe. This is the “Crisis on Infinite Earths” event, after all.

2. Many of the creators, cast and crew on Black Lightning have spoken about how joining it canonically to the rest of the Arrowverse would undercut its cultural message, and the things that make it special. It simply isn’t like any of the other CW shows. I’m inclined to agree.

1 Like

I don’t get how joining the Arrowverse would undercut its message. Are people who got powers through the experimentation in BL’s neighborhood the only people in the whole universe with powers? I only made it about 80% of the way through season 1.

Hey, what happened to Tom Welling reprising his role as well?

(Excited about the other two - I just want it to be a trio!)

1 Like

I was a fan of Brandon Routh as superman

2 Likes

I am so excited about Routh. I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT ROUTH. IIIII AAAAAM SOOOOO

Is he really going to be Superman again or is Ray Palmer just dressing up as Superman for some reason? It wouldn’t be the first time that some of The Legends pose as other heroes.

1 Like