"Rorschach" Maxi-Series By Tom King and Jorge Fornes Coming in October

Picked this up yesterday but it occurred to me - should I read Doomsday Clock before I read this? Or are they unrelated?

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be any direct connection so far beyond generally using the Watchmen universe, though it’s still too early to know for sure. Like other Watchmen expansions, it seems like the original story is really the only thing you’ll need to have read beforehand

2 Likes

I am pretty sure this is unrelated.

Doomsday Clock is more about the DC Universe than it is about the Watchmen universe. I am getting the vibe that Rorschach is purely about the Watchmen universe.

Doomsday Clock uses Watchmen elements to write a DC story rather than it really being a Watchmen story. At least that is how it seemed to me.

2 Likes

Totally unrelated. There’s a nod to the HBO Watchmen show, but beyond that, the original series is all you need to read.

3 Likes

I did catch that mention of Oklahoma. It’d be amazing to see a cameo from maybe Angela or Wade at some point, though that might also mean having to address what happened to them after the finale, which probably wouldn’t work for maintaining the ambiguity

3 Likes