Robin Or NO-Robin

In Your Honest Opinion, Do You Enjoy Batman Solo, or Batman with Sidekick Robin, or Robin Solo?

0 voters

3 Likes

I need a Robin really bad. I am a depressed man in desperate need to be part of a family.

6 Likes

I honestly think that the main Bat title should be Batman and Robin. It is the core of both characters. Each deserves their own series but they also deserve to be together.

5 Likes

I think BTAS got the right balance. Sometimes Robin is there, and he is absent for a few stories. Keeps him from being forced, but it showed his importance.

7 Likes

I’d personally like to see some more Bat Family interactions. Tynion’s Detective Comics had a nice feel. Gotham Knights did too. I’d keep Batman titles open to however the creative team wants to make use of the characters. Bruce can be solo or bring a friend, but it’s kind of amazing that in the billions of Bat books that come out every month they don’t have a series focusing on the interactions between these characters. I’d honestly buy a book just seeing them interact outside of battling crime (though I’d prefer moderate battling of crime). These characters are beloved and supposed to have some sort of kinship, and yet we rarely see most of them interact outside of “work.”

Gotham Knights. Revive it. Bat Family team ups. Can be centered around Bats or could be centered around other charcaters or migrate from character to character. It’s all good. Maybe a main story with Bruce and someone and a backup with some other characters?

4 Likes

DC: We will instead give Batman new sidekicks, an actual Bat, a Bat with man based powers, a man with bat based powers, a zubat, a golbat, a crobat, a gligar, and a gliscor.

5 Likes

Some of Batman’s greatest one-shots and miniseries are Robin-free, but in the monthly stories, I prefer the Boy Wonder to be present.

6 Likes

I think some story arcs need him and others don’t. Really depends on tone I think, and the implications of the arc going forward.

5 Likes

Iconic team. Some stories benefit from having him there, some are better with the focus being solely on Bruce. But ultimately if we’re deciding yay or nay about whether or not Robin should have a seat at the table at all, that’s a definite yay.

6 Likes

I (Red hood) could solo! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I love when BMan and Nightwing team up. It’s like the best of both worlds- the legacy of Batman and Robin blended with the present-day era of their relationship. Just so much history and catharsis all in one image when the two are working together in frame or on the comics page. Luv it! :+1:

3 Likes

I’d rather Batman & Robin but I’m more Bat family. Batman & a female Bat Family member. Huntress, Orphan, Batgirl (Babs, Stephanie, Cassandra) or even Oracle & The BOP working with him. But I’m a fan of any team up with Batsy.

2 Likes