Robin Lives!: Let's Talk About Batman: A Death In The Family And Beyond

What if one of the darkest hours in Batman’s crime-fighting career never happened? Thirty-five years ago, fans voted on Jason Todd’s fate after his brutal encounter with The Joker, which set Jason on the path to becoming the gun-toting vigilante Red Hood. But suppose fans had voted differently…

6 Likes

So I read the Faux-Simile Batman #428 and liked it. It’s been a while since I read “A Death in the Family” so it’s like reading Part 3 of a 4-part series without some of the added context that I’ve no doubt forgotten over the years. I may have to reread the whole thing now.

But I don’t think they should stop with this Faux-Simile Edition. They really should do a new Elseworlds that picks up after these alternate events. I want to see what Jason becomes when he wakes up from his coma…is Red Hood still his destiny?

5 Likes

I imagine that’s where they’d go in an Elseworlds comic. But if the Batman comics had played out this way back in 1988/89, I suspect that what we would have gotten is something very similar to what we got with the introduction of Tim Drake. In other words, there would have been a long period in which Jason had to prove himself worthy of getting back into the tights, and when it was all over, he would have received a cool new costume design by Neal Adams.

4 Likes

I hope this gets put on here I need to read it

3 Likes

I agree I would love to see a what if on this

2 Likes

Presumably it will be on here a month after it’s release.

3 Likes

nice :batman: :+1:

2 Likes

Our wish is granted….Coming this July:

DC Vault: Death in the Family: Robin Lives!

A four part series by JM DeMatteis and Rick Leonardi.

3 Likes

If he lived it would only be an awful storyline, not an abysmal storyline. Killing my son is beyond saving. Back to my daily mourning.

1 Like