Robert Pattinson Batman (unpopular opinion)

I might have to watch it I can’t wait to see how he is. Thanks for suggesting

1 Like

@VerminousJoker
It really was a good film, sort of like Mad Max meets Rain man which is sort of weird to think about but works pretty well. I was blown away by how good his acting was in it.

2 Likes

For sure then I’ll give it a try thanks again. :blush:

1 Like

Hi @mattbatt, your comment has been removed due to Community Guidelines Violation. Please refer back to the code of conduct line 2 located here https://support.dcuniverse.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001951987-The-DC-Universe-Community-Guidelines

2 Likes

Hey all! Just sending out a general reminder to everyone with regard to language, and our Forum Guidelines – please be careful when it comes to the usage of profanity, as although we appreciate enthusiasm, posts using such excessively will be deleted, even if such is just an expression of excitement: https://support.dcuniverse.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001951987-The-DC-Universe-Community-Guidelines – thanks to everyone in advance!

3 Likes

I’m just going to wait and see how he does. No sense in getting upset over something no one has even seen yet. IF he does a bad I will probably complain about it but preemptively complaining is a waste of my time and energy.

3 Likes

Hope he builds the right type if body for it. Seems like he would be a good nightwing yet I truly wish him all best. Its a really tough roll to get right.

2 Likes

You guys need to grow up already!! Pattinson is gonna suck as Batman. To all of those offended by the truth it’s time to put your big boy pants on & stop being so delicate. Get real!!

@mattbatt
Nobody is offended by “the truth”, because nothing that you have said is factual. Your biggest critiques of Pattinson are of his masculinity and his aptitude as an actor to play in serious roles. As for the latter, there is a reason that Pattinson was chosen for the role by one of modern day’s best directors, Matt Reeves. Pattinson can act! Look at his filmography from the past 5 years as @RagdollRebel helpfully pointed out. Even if you don’t trust Pattinson, at least trust Matt Reeves. Your critiques of Pattinson’s masculinity are mostly non-arguments, spewing hateful words at him for being in films that he did for money. Half of the other things you say in your arguments are aimed at not Pattinson, but others on this thread. We are all grown up, and I for one have my big-boy pants on. We are presenting analytical breakdowns of why we think that Pattinson COULD be good, as opposed to spreading unfounded hate into the world. Again, none of us think that Pattinson is the best actor in the world, but there is significant evidence that he is a competent actor who has the chops to play the role.

I hope that you can understand the difference between being “delicate” and just not being spiteful and angry. Just because I’m not swearing at you doesn’t mean I don’t believe in everything that I’m saying. It just means that I’d like to foster a civilized Community (as I’m pretty sure everyone else does too).

3 Likes

@YoYoFroYo Couldn’t have said it better friend. And to all the 13 year old trolls, if you truly don’t like the casting choice simply don’t buy a ticket, that’s the best way to show your disapproval. Complaining about it and attacking your fellow comic book peers isnt constructive and isn’t going to get you or anybody else anywhere.

3 Likes

I never meant for my post to get out of hand I’m so sorry all :broken_heart:

1 Like

I hope you all are having a good night catching up on some comics or watching some good shows.

2 Likes

He’s gonna be great, he just needs to bulk up.

3 Likes

Everyone I’ve talked to is willing to give him a chance

2 Likes

@VerminousJoker
I’m sorry to have escalated this. We’re all just trying to create a safe environment for people to voice their opinions. I’ll let it go though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@YoYoFroYo your fine I just don’t want anyone mad anymore :blush: thank you all for the great feedback on the matter

1 Like

Twilight zone actor, no thank you

1 Like

But mabye he’ll be good as batman, but he doesn’t look like Bruce Wayne at all. Bruce Wayne has black hair and he super ripped and bulky which Robert cleary isn’t bulky or have black hair

2 Likes

I’m warming up to it.

2 Likes

I think the guys gonna pull it off nicely. This, so far, is very reminiscent of when Ledger first got cast as Joker.

2 Likes