Robert Pattinson Batman (unpopular opinion)

So over the past couple of days even weeks people have been trash talking Robert Pattinson no matter who you are don’t talk bad about someone else.

I feel like he is going to do an amazing job seeing how many things he has played in. He played in Twilight yes I get it some people didn’t like them but they weren’t bad. Robert Pattinson was also in Harry Potter and that’s very popular.

So all I want to say is give him a chance you never know how good he will do until it happens.

Thanks for reading and I hope you all share your thoughts on this and have a lovely day.

16 Likes

I just don’t get it. Like, yeah, Pattinson was Edward, but Michael Keaton was Mr Mom, Heath Ledger was the Brokeback Mountain guy, and Ben Affleck was the Gilli guy. Every actor has had their off performance and most of them have more than enough range to at least semi-pull off the character of Batman.

5 Likes

Perhaps some of them see a distinction between a couple of fiscally flat-falling films, and a long-running series that both do not appeal to them (and they probably never actually watched), and take the classic myth of vampires and make it, uh, “girlier”, I guess. I wonder if some of those worried about Pattinson were even aware of, for example, Keaton’s previous work before “Batman”. As I recall, he was chosen because he looked like the least likely guy to be a bat-themed vigilante terrifying hardened criminals.

2 Likes

Ezra Miller is The Flash…this doesn’t surprise me

Plus, I think he’ll be decent

1 Like

You guys don’t get it. Micheal Keaton had attitude as well as proven history of playing heavy serious roles. Don’t forget the last time it was tried putting a pretty boy in the role of The Dark Knight ( can U say George Clooney ?) he even went so far as taking credit for destroying the Batman franchise on national T.V. ( Letterman show )
Grow up you pansies, Pattinson has as much of a chance of pulling this off as Heath Ledger playing Joker again, it ain’t gonna happen!

@mattbatt

1. Robert Pattinson has played serious roles since he got out of Twilight. The guy is a great actor. Plus I trust Matt Reeves as a director to judge Pattinson’s attitude towards the part.

2. I think it’s kind of unfair to treat Clooney’s performance as a precedent for Pattinsons’s casting decision. We’re in a different time, and there are different expectations for Superhero movies. Pattinson won’t have to deal with campy puns, bat-credit cards, or bat nipples.

3. Nobody is expecting Pattinson to be the next Heath Ledger. People bring him up because he’s the most comparable to Pattinson. He was an underrated actor who made a great performance out of a good script in recent times.

All people are saying is to give him a chance before flaming him for being in the Twilight series. Pattinson would be the first to admit that he did that for money. He’s pretty much set after he plays that one role. Ever since he’s been giving inspiring performances in movies he obviously is more invested in than Twilight.

2 Likes

@mattbat, contrary to what you believe Keaton did not have a proven track record for playing heavy, dramatic roles.He was known for comedy roles on film and TV on top of his stand up. Clean and Sober was his only straight dramatic role at that point, with a handful of dram-edies.
Either way, in 1988 “drama-chops” isnt something anyone would’ve expected in a superhero role as all previous superhero movies were action/comedies starring Christopher Reeve. People at that time still associated Batman with the 60s TV show. He was a big joke to anybody not reading comics, nobody was saying batman needed a dramatic actor.

3 Likes

I agree somewhat on everyone’s points they have made it’s always nice to read what others think on a subject.

Thank you for all your input but remember we are family here please don’t disrespect others and there view on the matter.

1 Like

Wanted to stop in to second @VerminousJoker’s sentiment with a reminder about the Forum Guidelines (particularly guideline 1’s, “Be respectful of fellow members”). Please be mindful to make sure you’re abiding by them when posting in the future, everyone, especially when it comes to topics like this where others can hold opinions, both strong and differing. You can read them here: https://yourdcu.com/cmg

2 Likes

Last I looked, Christian Bale and Ben Affleck weren’t exactly ugly.

Jus’ sayin’.

3 Likes

I hope my argument did not come off as disrespectful in any way. It was not my intent to offend in proposing my own view of the matter. I simply felt the need to break down a few of the arguments presented. I have the utmost respect for every member in the community, and they all are entitled to their own opinions—even if they differ from my own. Hope everyone is having a good day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have no problem with Robert Pattinson.

4 Likes

I think he’ll go great as well. He has a great body of indie work. I look forward to seeing his interpretation.

2 Likes

I was thinking about it and the only thing I’ve ever seen him in was Harry Potter. While the vampire flicks don’t appeal to me, I think most people, myself included, should see his adult work prior to forming opinions.

2 Likes

Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Christian Bale, Ben Affleck.
I don’t know. I think Christian Bale was probably the only really the one stereotyped as a “tough guy” on and off the camera, most people were just good actors, and they each brought different characters. People normally get heavier with age and this one has to last several movies if they go well. It can take a long time between movies.

2 Likes

Hey, remember when Robert Eggers dropped one of the best horror movies of recent memory his first time out with The Witch? Well, he’s back with his second horror movie The Lighthouse, and guess who’s starring? Robert Pattinson! Apparently this was one of those shoots that you just get sprayed with a fire hose repeatedly. Pattinson is too rich to deal with that because he has to. He seems down for his craft. He worked with David Cronenberg. It is a curious casting choice and did raise my eyebrow when I first heard, but then I thought that there has to be some reason behind the decision. Somebody saw something; somebody has an interpretation in mind. The dude in the suit is usually a stuntman. I think Pattinson may make a compelling Bruce Wayne, pretty much off of Cosmopolis, but I can’t have an opinion about something that doesn’t exist yet. I hope it’s good, or at least funny bad.

3 Likes

I like Pattinson’s films. He’s got good acting range. I’m all for this, although I will sorely miss Ben Affleck.

2 Likes

@mattbatt I’m sorry if this post upsets you but please try and stay calm and respectful to others and there opinions. I understand it might be upsetting that he was picked but don’t attack others because of it.

1 Like

Also @YoYoFroYo your fine and thank you I hope everyone including you are having the best day.

1 Like

I bet nobody hates the twilight films more than Robert Pattinson himself lol Sadly typecasting is thing in Hollywood. Its important to remember that they didn’t cast Edward from Twilight to play Batman they casted an actor named Robert Pattinson to play Batman. Edward and Robert are two different people.
I’ll admit that the only thing I knew Pattinson from was the Twilight movies and at first it had me scratching my head. Then someone told me to watch anything from the last 5 years he has acted in and then see how I felt about the casting decision. I did a neflix search and found a movie called “The Rover” and after watching that my attitude has completely changed, not only was it a really good movie his acting in it was top notch. I highly recommend anyone who questions his acting ability to check out this film.

3 Likes