Road to DC Unlimited: Week 1 EVENTS!!! (Every New Comic 4/2)

I also noticed some comics are on here, or back on here that were not tie inso to event series. Some it’s possible were on here before this week and I missed them but don’t think so…

They added the rest of Star Man. Issues #39-60.

Also an addendum to the Power of Shazam ones. For some reason they didn’t include issues 36 and 37. A weird omission since issue 36 was part of a big Starman crossover they have all the other parts to. but I am guessing they will be adding them soon.

Adventure Comics 247, 352 and 353 are now on here. I think they were part of the group of Legion starring comics that were on here before but left in the purge. Either way glad to see Adventure Comics is represented on here again. It made me sad such an important book had no issues from it on DCU.

Adventure Comics (2009) - 516-521 have been added.

Was Detective 359 on here before? Seems like I have looked for it before and it was never on here, but does seem odd they would add that to this addition.

More Fun Comics 1-5 which I believe had been removed during the purge. But might be thinking of Comics Cavalcade

Again apologies if some of this was already on here (or all of it) but looking through it looked like those were some non tie in issues added.

1 Like

@trusty the event gets better once the dark multiverse is discovered.

Hey, just fyi, your description of Brightest Day is actually closer to what Blackest Night is(Important GL event where heroes become Lanterns). Brightest Day, which came after, is a bunch of unrelated stories that signified a change in tone for the company in the run up to the New 52. I’d recommend reading Generation Lost and the main Brightest Day book if you want stuff that feels like an event. The other tie-ins don’t have much to do with either main story.

I’m excited to read Metal again. I was pulling it when it was coming out and found the story a bit hard to follow. I’ve heard it’s better to read all at once. Thanks for putting this together Nathan!

2 Likes

@Nathan.Payson I read the whole event, and really didn’t care for it for the most part :frowning: Again, I think it was too much like a confusing Grant Morrison book.

1 Like

SECRET SIX! YESSSSS! I’m so stoked to read that again. My copies got lost between a few moves, but it’s one of my favorite stories ever.

@trustymusti I get you! I just remember really enjoying the big feel and the crazy discoveries the series makes. I’ll be curious to see what you think of Justice: No Justice in May!

Looks like a bunch of Legion of Super-Heroes got added, too (that, or I somehow I missed it last time I searched)!

@Nathan.Payson I already read it on Hoopla. It was better. And I even liked some elements of Metal. I just don’t like it when things get confusing Grant Morrison style. I don’t mean to offend Morrison fans. I just can’t follow his stuff most of the time.

i am having trouble find The Batman Who Laughs, can someone help?

@trustymusti I’ve found that grant Morrison’s Animal Man 2011 is fairly followable. If you are up to it.

@Nathan.Payson Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll check it out. I also liked his JLA for the most part.