Richard Donner Passaway Age 91

To all a Superman fans, I have a sad breaking news, Richard Donner who directed Superman sadly passaway. Here’s a link…

Other movies I enjoy watching he directed was The Goonies, Maverick and Conspiracy Theory. He also worked on alot of old classic shows. Superman The Movie will always will be my favorite film he worked on.
:pensive:

20 Likes

Sorry to hear of his passing. Superman and The Goonies are classics.

13 Likes

11 Likes

Oh man :frowning:
His film contributed a lot to me becoming a big fan of Superman. R.I.P.

10 Likes

I grew up on Goonies and Lethal Weapon. We Definitely lost one of our great American filmmakers today.

11 Likes

Richard Donner was arguably one of the most influential people in cinema. He put some of the most iconic film characters ever on the big screen, and I like to think that as long as those characters live on, a piece of Mr. Donner will as well. Goonies never say die.

11 Likes

Those Superman films were probably the first thing I ever saw about a superhero. I’m a big Goonies fan as well and I’m suppose to be meeting Kerri Green (Andy) in September.

R.I.P

9 Likes

RIP Good Sir.

8 Likes

Wow didn’t know this.
Don’t know much of him personally but have seen some of the films he made. Definitely great contributions to the film world. May he Rest In Peace.

7 Likes

:superman:

8 Likes

I know that Donner was still talking about potentially directing Lethal Weapon 5, so you had to admire the man’s drive. It’s sad to see him go.

In addition to his Superman films, I’ve also enjoyed his stints into horror, namely The Omen and his Tales from the Crypt episodes (“Dig that Cat…He’s Real Gone” with Joe Pantoliano and Robert Wuhl, “The Ventriloquist’s Dummy” with Bobcat Goldthwait and Don Rickles, and “Showdown” with David Morse and Neil Giuntoli).

10 Likes

I saw this earlier. It makes me very sad. I loved Superman and he made several other movies I love as well, including The Omen, Ladyhawke, and the Lethal Weapon films.

7 Likes

A true artist RIP. Superman made me believe a man could fly! Such an incredible depth of work. Ladyhawke, Scrooged, and so much classic television.

10 Likes

RIP Richard, You will always have a special place in my heart.

11 Likes

RIP And thank you for such an amazing experience as a child, watching my hero fly on the big screen. :pensive::pleading_face:

7 Likes

I’m at loss for words, except to say thank you, Richard Donner. You made magic.

5 Likes

RIP Superman’s Cinematic Father.

8 Likes

Rest in peace, Mr. Donner. You and your crew truly made us believe that a man could fly.

My favorite Richard Donner movies:

• Superman: The Movie
  • The Goonies
  • Conspiracy Theory (also my favorite Donner/Mel Gibson collaboration, of which there were 6)
4 Likes

Sad news indeed. RIP one of the greatest.

4 Likes