Revisiting Gail Simone's Secret Six run

Oh my God the woman is brilliant. I haven’t read these in 12,13 years and I forgot just what a masterpiece this run is. If you’ve never read Simone’s Secret Six do yourself a favor and do so (it begins with the Villains United mini -series from '06). Everything from the dialouge to the action is pure gold. Just pure greatness!

3 Likes

Her run on Secret Six was awesome, great writing and great characters.

3 Likes

You the man, Dan. The one man!

Couldn’t resist :grimacing:

2 Likes

So cheesy so great

I’ve never read a bad Gail Simone penned DC book.

Her current run on The Flash Giant is (as you might have guessed) alot of fun too.

5 Likes

The first series was good she went back and wrote a second series in 2015 I want to say wasn’t so good

1 Like

Loved it- though I would suggest not marathoning it. My only ding is that some elements repeat a bit too often. I’d still put any given story arc the best of class award for its time period.

2 Likes

Well I just finished the mini series and I’m jonsing for the run.

I love Gail Simone. Was so disappointed when she left the Batgirl run. Her “Leaving Megalopolis” and Leaving Megalopolis:Surviving Megalopolis" runs over at Dark Horse are some of my favorite comics.

Basically, if she pens something I read it. I should re-read the Secret Six runs …

Has anyone read the Wonder Woman/Conan mini Ms. Simone wrote?

@Vroom

I’ve got the digital trade, but haven’t had time to read it yet. The art work looks good and with Ms. Simone writing it, I would expect it to be awesome. But so many good comics & so little time, it just hasn’t made it to the top of my priority list yet

I passed on it because of the concept but I bet the writing is good in any event.

I’d rather have seen a Wonder Woman/Warlord mini myself.