RESULTS ARE IN: Meta Madhouse - The Darkseid Invaders! Watch Official Announcement on DC Daily

I gotta take Trigon over Doomsday.

Trigon can destroy planets much faster than Doomsday also has magic to lift Doomsday in the air and immobilize him. Trigon can then beat on him magically or physically and there is nothing Doomsday can do.

2 Likes

So far Darksied is going better for me than joker.

Anti v Adam- Anti wins. Would be a cool fight to see.

Trigon v Doomsday- Trigon wins. Magic beat kryptonians.

Starting v Ares- Ares will be serving seafood tonight.

Mongol v Sinestro- mongol mainly for the fact Sinestro eliminated Bleez. Some nice revenge.

Iā€™m starting to really, really hate these Lazarus Pit saves.

Trigon and Ares are easy picks, though.

5 Likes

Ughā€¦this save just put the final nail in my bracketā€™s coffin.

4 Likes

Man, I really lost this bracket hard. I only had Sinestro making it into the Round of 4. :disappointed:

2 Likes

I might win this with that Adam save! Makes up for my train wreck of the Joker bracket.

3 Likes

Today, I had to write one of my absolute toughest articles to date: an explanation of how Black Adam could have possibly defeated the Anti-Monitor. After wringing my hands over it all weekend, I think I did okay.

5 Likes

Black Adam over Anti-Monitorā€¦What?

1 Like

That save screwed up everything for this one and this bracket was going smoothly for me. But thatā€™s the magic of the Lazarus Pit saves.

Trigon v Adam- Trigon wins because Adam screwed up my bracket. Also I believe Trigon could beat Adam.

Aries v Sinestro- Aries because sin beat bleeze. Also it would be awesome to see a fight between Aries and Trigon.

1 Like

I think Sinestro can take the victory over Ares. By this point in the tournament he would realize how Ares is getting his power, and plan accordingly. You got this, Mustache!

1 Like

In order far Sinestro to take down Ares he has to attack. That attack merely adds to Ares power. Itā€™s catch-22 for Sinestro and victory for Ares.

Trigon vs Ares, now that would be an epic battle for the ages.

2 Likes

I have got to take the counter point on @HubCityQuestion odds for Trigon vs Black Adam.
Trigon rules his own dimension. Even if we call him a demon, he is for all intent and purposes a god. While Black Adam has some of the powers of a god. He is not god level. Nor is he immortal. Vandal Savage has been around a heck of a lot longer than Black Adam.

Add to this that he has been repeatedly taken down by someone who might have the wisdom of Solomon but mostly is mentally a kid (a smart kid) but a kid nonetheless.

Ok, Raven is a ā€œteenā€ as well, but she also fights him directly at his level and is his daughter.

The edge is 65-35 Trigonā€™s favor.

1 Like

Black Adam was first recruited by Shazam to handle the influence of seven powerful demons, each of which represents a different cardinal sin. Much the same way Trigon himself operates in the mortal world, with each of his children standing in for the same. Adamā€™s been preparing for this battle his whole life.

1 Like

@HubCityQuestion

Yes, he was supposed to handle the ā€œSeven Deadly Sins of Manā€: Pride, Greed, Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Wrath, & Sloth.

How did he do at ā€œhandlingā€ those? Sloth has really never impacted him nor has Gluttony.

Pride: Have you seen the size of his ego?
Greed: He is certainly is not above coveting. While he is no Larffkeez, he certainly wants more than his share in any deal.
Lust: If we count Lust for power, he certainly succumbed to that.
Envy: It has been made clear time and again that he is envious at Billy Batson being the new champion of the wizard.
Wrath: When people and things donā€™t go his way, he certainly strikes out in Wrath.

So 5 of the 7 he is supposed to have ā€œhandledā€, have actually ā€œhandledā€ him. Hardly a gear track record. In that sense, he is psychologically and emotionally far more vulnerable, and not in control, than Billy Batson.

As for Trigon - Directly from the DCU Encyclopedia:
A demon lord and the literal embodiment of evil, Trigon wields nearly limitless power. He is immortal, indestructible and able to telekinetically manipulate energy to create or destroy anything around him. He is capable of interdimensional travel and of teleporting himself and anyone he chooses.

I think he has never been beaten by anybody but Raven. He has children to do some of his ā€œdirty workā€. Not unlike how Darkseid himself uses Desaad, Granny, The Female Furies, Steppenwolf, & The Baron to do his. None of these diminish Darkseidā€™s own power and the same is applies to Trigon.

Now unless Black Adam can go against near limitless power and indestructibility. One of the two of these characters need their DCU Encyclopedia entries substantially changed.

Still 65-35 Trigon over Black Adam, and frankly that is giving Black Adam a substantial benefit of the doubt.

Not necessarily. Heā€™s smart enough to think up a strategy where he could entrap Ares with a barrier and get himself a victory through forfeiture.

2 Likes

Dr. Silas Stone (or actor Phil Morris) used his Lazarus Pit save on Black Adam. Interestingā€¦ I hope we as fans get a chance to hear from the folks who made the Lazarus Pit picks after the gameā€™s all played out re: why they picked who they did. Just curious, all in good fun, etc.

4 Likes

But even such a barrier is an attack mentality. Ares doesnā€™t feed so much off the physical battle, (fists hitting, bullets sticking, bombs going off) but the attack energy from the person or people doing the actions.

So if Sinestro was going to do that, heā€™d need to have ā€œthe zenā€ of Saint Walker, which I donā€™t think he has at all.

1 Like

That ruined it for me. I didnā€™t know that meant the other character got kicked out, completely ruins the integrity and predictions ppl made.

2 Likes

You can read about his thought process here in our News section here.

5 Likes

I think the LP saves actually add a slight degree of randomness to the tournament, similar to what we see in terms of big upsets in the NCAA tournament. Not unlike how #15 seed Florida Gulf Coast University upset both #2 seed Georgetown and #7 seed San Diego State to make it to the Sweet 16 in 2013. FGCU could play Georgetown 25 times and chances are Georgetown is going to beat the 24 out of 25 times. It just so happened that the 1 out of 25 FGCU git was in a one and done tournament situation.

There are always a few random upsets in the NCAA tournament, teams that really have business losing to who they are playing. The LP saves kinda add some of that random element.

2 Likes