RESULTS ARE IN: Meta Madhouse - The Cheetah Beasts! Watch Official Announcement on DC Daily today at 3pm PT/6pm ET

Only one off so far is from the pit but was not a bracket destroyer this time around HAha!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? I chose Black Manta to win this bracket. Thatā€™s two for two with my last pick of Deathstroke winning the Luthor bracket! They BOTH lost to Lazarus Pit saves, in the first roundā€¦

I already came to terms losing this whole thing last week but now itā€™s just mocking me :laughing:

Although, I did manage to predict Black Adam, and he could still win it right? Right?!?

3 Likes

I think Catwomanā€™s brand recognition won that match and the LP save hosed me again. Didnā€™t see ZebraMan getting the LP, but in retrospect it does seem the obvious choice. Cā€™est le vie.

6 Likes

This time around:

1. If Man-Bat were facing Croc in his first appearance, it might be a close fight. However, Croc has been dumbed down since then, while Dr. Langstrom remains a competent strategist even when he goes into crazy bat form.

2. Professor Pyg has more fans than Bronze Tiger does, so itā€™s best to bet on the popular one.

3. Owlman has already devised how to win this entire competition. Owlman has already devised how to take over this site. Owlman is right behind you as you vote.

4. Gorilla Grodd finds zebra brains mighty tasty.

2 Likes

Man v Croc - I have croc winning. His power could probably take man bat. Bat doe have flight but flying requires a lot of energy. So croc wins but the fight is close.

Pyg v Tiger- Tiger wins. He out skills pyg simply.

Owl v cat- Owls win. Mostly because cat beat Dex who was my win for the whole thing (hoping he was the pit)

Grodd v zebra- zeb wins mostly because I had manta beating grod so for brackets sake zeb wins. Plus is Zebra man come on.

2 Likes

Man-Bat v. Killer Croc - Man-Bat simply doesnā€™t have the physical capabilities to take on someone like Croc. MBā€™s physical strikes are nothing against Crocā€™s armor-like skin.

Pyg v. Bronze Tiger - Professor Pyg wins. He just has to whirl his assortment of butcher knives at Tiger as soon as the battle begins. Tigerā€™s little claws can block one, maybe two, but that third one nails him and leaves him down for the count.

Owlman v. Catwoman - Selina wins. She can charm the Owl and lower his defenses long enough for the winning strike. I know heā€™s more evil than Batman, but thatā€™s not whatā€™s relevant here; Batman doesnā€™t fall for Selina because heā€™s a hero, itā€™s because, letā€™s face it, heā€™s a man, just like Owlman is.

Grodd v. Zebra Man - Grodd wins. Even if Zeb starts using his magnetism to throw Grodd around, the gorilla can instantly make him stop with his telepathic powers. Itā€™s an easy equation here. Telepathy > magnetism.

2 Likes

I suppose it had happen sometime this madhouse. I agree with all of @HubCityQuestion picks for the round of 8 and Iā€™m close enough to his odds, itā€™s not worth bothering about.

This doesnā€™t have anything at all to do with this post but I just fin wished batman: endgame and I just think itā€™s hilarious that batman chose penguin as part of his squad to distract the jokdd :joy: he didnā€™t even have any of his thugs with him, he just had a gun

1 Like

Sekinaā€™s female whiles over an existential nihilist. Heā€™s got no interest in Selina when he can just pop back to earth-3 and bang superwoman. Kitty has takin marks straight off. Owlman is taking her whip back to Earth-3. Why? Iā€™ll leave that to your Ian imaginations.

Thanks for the laugh on this. It helps temper my outsized rage at Catwomanā€™s victory. At least she didnā€™t get the Lazarus Pit save & an attending article mentioning having nine lives as another poster mentioned as one very frightful possibility. I can totally accept my losses in other matches where margins were close but Catwoman?! Bleh. Total name recognition/popularity contest nonsense. This murderous super-powered space-cat wouldā€™ve blown her face off. Iā€™m not buying a plausible ā€˜Selina charms blah blahā€™ narrative for a second. Catwoman doesnā€™t have any actual super-powers! Letā€™s say she did charm Dex-Starr; then what? Sheā€™d somehow do what to an anger-defined Lantern Ring-holder whoā€™s held his own against the Anti-Monitor, etc.? Makes me think ofā€”mild SPOILER for those who still havenā€™t watched/finished season 1 of Harley Quinnā€”the episode where Harleyā€™s crew finds out though theyā€™re (back) in the L.O.D., theyā€™ve been relegated to the hench-people floor, and Dr. Psycho (who incidentally also got robbed in this tournament) freaks out saying something like, ā€œBut we have actual powers!ā€ Catwoman canā€™t make that claim. Ugh. (And just to clarify, I barely know Dex-Starr & am a huge Catwoman fan; this is ā€˜logic anger,ā€™ if that makes sense to anyone but me.) This totally blew up my bracket as I had Dex-Starr taking the big win. Leaning into my petulant manchild anger for just a little bit, cuz Iā€™m consciously taking this way too seriously. At least Iā€™ve got two picks going into the semi-finals? R.I.P. Dex-Starrā€¦ :pouting_cat: :boom: :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

Youā€™re welcome ha ha ha. Yeah itā€™s all in good fun. Iā€™m actually surprised that my Joker and Lex brackets were good to very good but my Darkseid and Cheetah brackets have beenā€¦ Wellā€¦ They are what they are ha ha ha. Iā€™ve also taken the opportunity though to take a closer look into the comics of the characters so at the end of the day itā€™s a win for me, even if my brackets donā€™t add up. Now onto my next set for the round. :batman_hv_4: :clark_hv_1: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Well, I guess we might as well put our money on Catwoman, since she has already won two fights that she obviously wouldnā€™t win. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Raise your hand if you saw this coming down to Bronze Tiger, Killer Croc, Catwoman & Gorilla Grodd? [sound of crickets chirping] Anyone? In the back?

The story continues as the results of the Round of 8 arriveā€¦

Man-Bat feeling good after disposing of the Penguin, sharpens his claws for Killer Croc. Little did he know, Killer Croc came prepared with his trustyā€¦ Rock! Boy did Man-Bat underestimate how big it was and delivered Killer Crocā€™s victory handily. (Credit to @Rac_Shade for calling it earlier, as I understood that reference :batman_hv_5:)

Professor Pyg licked his chops after his pounding of Flamingo to freshly take on Bronze Tiger. Bronze Tiger then strikes up a conversation with Pyg.

Bronze Tiger: Hey Professor.
Pyg: Yeah, what?
Bronze Tiger: I also earned myself a Ph.D.
Pyg: Oh yeah, in what?
Bronze Tiger: Culinary arts.
It was at this moment that Professor Pyg knew he was done and to become pork chops.

Out of the fire from Dex-Starr and into the talons of Owlman, Catwoman looked to whip up the competition even more. The battle was fierce, strike in strike, dodge for dodge. Then, both exhausted from the onslaught of back and forth strikes, Catwoman asksā€¦

Catwoman: Do you like music Owlman?
Owlman: Music is relative only by the notes and lyrics Catwoman.
Catwoman: Then how about this.
Catwoman with a nearby boombox inserts a CD. She selects track 8. A piano begins to play. Then, a lead singer begins to singā€¦

:musical_note: It starts with one thing :musical_note:
Owlman then goes into a deep trance, listening intently. The song continues onā€¦
:musical_note: I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end, it doesnā€™t even matterā€¦:musical_note:

Owlman consumed by his new anthem song, allows Catwoman to advance to victory.

Zebra-Man fresh off his Lazarus Pit redemption feels ready to take on his next opponent. His eyes catch the gaze of Grodd. Grodd snarls. Zebra-Manā€™s black stripes immediately disappear. He self repels himself in the hopes of seeing another day while Grodd smirks in victory.

At the round conclusion, in the background Cheetah could be heard saying:
"Villains lived, and villains died. Nothing will ever be the same. But the Meta Madhouse Cheetah Beasts Round to 4 were great days for meā€¦ " :grin:

To be continuedā€¦ :scream: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Since there is no guaranteeā€¦ Although, if there is one more victory I would like to see, then it would be Catwoman over Grodd. I say this because of what I have written in the event that she might win, just might be the best of the best from what Iā€™ve come up with. Even if she does not win, I think Iā€™ll still post it. :laughing: :catwoman_hv_1:

2 Likes

raises hand three-quarters of the way up

I got all of them correct but for Bronze Tiger. I had Firefly in his place for the Round of 4.

Killer Croc v. Bronze Tiger - Croc takes him down. Easily. Bronze Tigerā€™s claws canā€™t actually make a dent in Crocā€™s rough skin.

Catwoman v. Grodd - Catwoman wins. Sheā€™s gotten this far with a mix of her charms and physical abilities. Letā€™s be real, if she can handle the ruthless, evil Owlman, she can handle a gorilla.

2 Likes

Could she beat a gorilla? Maybe. Could she beat a Gorilla with mind powers? Nah.

2 Likes

Croc v Tiger- tiger win. His skills will make he able to win. Bats can do it tiger can too.

Cat v Grodd- Iā€™ll go with the cat most because popular vote. Also I fee she would pull something out to beat him.

Killer Croc vs. Bronze Tiger: Iā€™m going with Bronze Tiger. Croc is pretty routinely beaten by top tier fighters, Tiger should be able to take him.

Grodd vs. Catwoman: Grodd. I know that character powers can vary quite a lot, and that no one interpretation is more ā€œvalidā€ than another. But Grodd has been quite frequently portrayed as far more powerful than the fight breakdowns give him credit for. Physically, he has been strong enough to toss around cement trucks like they were toys, durable enough to withstand beatings from some of the most powerful DC heroes, and fast enough to grab the Flash while heā€™s in motion. Mentally, his psionic abilities are often shown to not require any device, and can be used, not just for telepathy, but telekinesis, force field creation, and matter transmutation. If we consider even a fraction of what Grodd potentially can do, Catwoman simply doesnā€™t have a chance.

1 Like