Remove From “Continue Reading”

Hey there — I’m very sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue. If you haven’t already, please make sure to reach out to our Customer Support team for assistance.

1 Like

Dive Back In is becoming a nightmare.

1. PLEASE give us the ability to remove comics we no longer would like to follow

2. Please fix the glitch where all COMPLETED comics are still listed in Dive Back In

3. Please separate Volumes and Omnibuses as part of the same series for Dive Back In. You’re asking us to re-read everything we just read and it’s a great pain to flip through those to mark a series as completed/up to date.

5 Likes

Hi @AngryGeek. Welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing your feedback. I have shared it with the appropriate team. Please feel free to let me or any of the other moderators know if you need anything else.

2 Likes

I’ve been having the same issues with the dive back in section for over a month now. I now have over a months worth of read books in my dive back in section.

I typically use the app on my iPad which I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, removed the app from my phone completely as well as cleared my cache online. All of the recommended fixes.

I entered a help ticket and explained the problem multiple times and the final answer I got was there is no remove button available at this time which wasn’t what I was asking for in the ticket. I wanted the bug fixed.

This has been very frustrating.

2 Likes

Support has become a complete joke. I’m not sure they even read the tickets.

Reading all this is very surprising, it’s a very common feature. I’m in the Apple eco-system so I used Apple TV to watch Superman & Lois, which actually generates from the CW’s app, as well as anything from the CW Seed (or other streaming services I watch). Sadly, The CW app, once I have finished my episode watch of S&L, will start automatically playing whatever crap they have lined up next, so those will show up as “continued watching” or “up next” on my Apple TV (the application Apple has for watching streaming programs or purchased movies/tv shows, etc. on any of their devices, not their own streaming channel, e.g. Apple TV+) but it’s a two second click to simply remove it and it disappears permanently. Most importantly, those do not become part of my watch history, unless I did actually watch the entire episode (or perhaps most of the episode). While my watch history on Apple TV since I first used the application is there, it’s in a discrete place where it doesn’t impact what I am currently watching, whether it’s a purchased media, something I own, or something I am streaming from whatever provider I am streaming from. I have to actually dig down to get to that part, at least on my iPad or iPhone.

I know HBO Max, when I had an active account as I just did up until a few months ago, has the ability to easily remove things in my Watch Next or whatever they called it, and the history was also minimized there so that it didn’t interfere (or annoy me) while trying to use the app, or get back to HBO Max shows I wanted to watch or check out, etc.

So it surprises me that the tech team at DCUI cannot fix this or implement a decent work-around after multiple years of comments and feedback.

1 Like

The feature used to work which is why it’s even more frustrating. Customer service acts like they don’t even read your issues just send canned messages.

1 Like

Can you please give us the ability to remove comics in Dive Back? It would be so nice just to clear old comics I read or don’t want to read anymore!

1 Like

Pleassssseeeee. This can’t be that difficult especially since it used to do it.

Hi @ScarletFlash. Welcome to the community! We have passed this suggestion along to the appropriate team. Please let me or the other moderators know if you need anything else.

2 Likes

Just adding my voice to those frustrated with the recent glitch that “read” comics no longer leave the “dive back in” queue. That list is filling up with things I have already read — and opened and swiped to the final page AGAIN, multiple times — and yet, they remain in the “dive back in” list. AND it has also meant that when a new issue arrives it does not show up in the “dive back in” list . . . even though it would be one you would want to dive back in with. Seriously, this was not a problem before, and now it is? And nothing seems to be being done about it.

3 Likes

Also, since I didn’t want to confuse anyone, I also want to add my voice to those who would like the option to manually remove things from the dive back in list, when we decide we do not wish to continue reading. This should be a simple ask, but apparently it’s been two years of frustration, rather than anything getting done that could improve the reading interface.

1 Like

We appreciate your feedback, @cmbeckett1972, and thank you for your patience.

Hello @LastSon0fMars I understand that you are the community manager and don’t actually code for the website (at least I think) but can you be honest and transparent with us, many people have been asking for this feature but no true response or improvement, are we actually getting it yes or no or even a maybe? Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that this app does not have a dedicated team. Features are never added, bugs last way to long, it almost feels like they have paid a developer for a set number of hours a month and that’s it. I used to have the marvel app and I just dont like the books as much but I will say they were constantly updating the app, making it better. Maybe I’m way off but updates are far and few here. Transparency would be so nice.

3 Likes

True, I still have the marvel app and at least you can get rid of books in the continue reading section. It’s a shame because I love just reading random comics but if I don’t want to continue then I’m stuck with a cluttered ‘dive back in’. Plus the many other bugs as well.

1 Like

Any mod/admin care to comment on the lack of support and updates? I would love to understand why this is. From lack of option to delete comics from ‘dive back in’ to many other quality of life features that would make this app so much better. For an example, on the marvel app you can search for any character with any other character to see which comics they were both in, that would be awesome but we only have the ‘top characters’ list. (maybe this is a feature and I don’t know how to work it?) Hopefully we can at least start a conversation and go from there!

2 Likes

Hello there! I am a community manager here on DCUI.

To clarify, our moderation team does not have a hand in how often updates to the reading platform are released, nor when bugs are fixed; that is handled by an entirely separate technical team as our moderation staff is community-side only. The moderation team can log your feedback as we have been doing, but we are not able to provide any status updates on app fixes as it is, again, operated by a different team. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The best point of contact for assistance with any technical issues or feedback for the reading service is our Customer Support team, which has been mentioned in here a few times before.

When the app first started, you used to be able to delete comic books that you’ve already read but now you can’t are they planning on fixing this because it’s very frustrating. It won’t let me delete drama books. I already read to be able to read new comic books when I read new comic books, it takes all the comic books that I’m still reading out of the rotation, the MarvelUnlimited app works great. You can delete comic books you’ve already read it delete them for you. Why can’t this app do that

1 Like

So, is this glitch with the books staying in the dive back in section just never going to be fixed? I love the DCUI content but it is way past time this glitch was fixed. It’s unacceptable for it to have lasted this long. It is beyond frustrating.

3 Likes