Redondo, Taylor To Reunite For Their Final Nightwing Series Together 'Fallen Grayson'

7 Likes

I really need to read Nightwing!

5 Likes

Redondo and Taylor’s run has been fantastic!

6 Likes

I’m glad this creative team is going to finish together. The run is a lot stronger on their combined issues, which sadly were few and far between this past year.

8 Likes

I’m sure I saw that Redondo has said it’s his last arc, but do we know for sure that Taylor is leaving too?

I’m way behind on the book and I’ve had some issues with its pacing, but it’s one of the best Nightwing runs the character has ever had, and if that’s the case, hate to see them all go.

6 Likes

Seems like, yeah.

7 Likes

Aww, that’s a shame. But hey, you know, that’s a little over three years, almost 50 issues… considering how short runs can be in recent years, that ain’t bad!

10 Likes

Welcome back to the community @c02goddess.16092! :wave: I’m super excited to see what this team puts out for this as well.

Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :0_nightwing:

7 Likes

So true. As sad as I’ll be to see this creative team depart, I can still very much appreciate just how much time they’ve had and how they’ve really managed to make the most of it

7 Likes

@c02goddess.16092! :purple_heart::hugs:

5 Likes

The penultimate arc just started strong imo. I liked the art (not yet Redondo) and the character beats. The issue was mostly Batman’s pov, which actually worked well here, but I hope we get Dick’s voice back soon. The issue actually ends on a darker note and has a sense of foreboding that has been pretty rare in this run. I hope it ends well!

3 Likes

I gotta’ go pick this book up soon.

3 Likes

I hope it’s not too dire for Nightwing. I like to imagine Tom Taylor final Nightwing issues is merely setting the soft landing for the next writer to make Nightwing climb back up. After almost two years of Taylor making him the hope of the DCU, it’s time for Nightwing to climb some hurdles.

2 Likes

I agree. I’d definitely like to see him challenged, struggling to defeat a worthy foe, but I don’t want to see him completely ripped down (as I’ve seen postulated elsewhere).

4 Likes

Indeed. It’s also time for Dick (and BG) to level up on his fighting skills resume. It’s fantastic that he defeated Deathstroke but it wouldn’t hurt if he spent some time under Shiva’s tutelage, kinda’ like Bruce did in the Knightsend series. Or he could get some training time in with Dinah. Either way it would great to see him acknowledged among the top tier fighters in the DCU.

3 Likes

Brainstorming cool ideas aren’t we? :blush:

3 Likes

:+1: :smiley:

3 Likes

I definitely think Nightwing is supposed to be in the upper eschelon fighter tiers of the DCU. There are in universe (and writer) references to his skills and experience, but then we also are getting a recent trend of in-universe trash talk and dismissiveness (especially regarding the Titans since Dark Crisis) that I think DC is mishandling.

Perhaps as part of Dick’s journey to recover, Taylor will be sending him to someone/somewhere that will provide such an experience as to solidify his status.

3 Likes

Agreed.

I hope so. This has to be a rock solid leveling up for him, one so airtight that it can’t be disputed. :+1:

2 Likes

Nice write up on DG here from Yahoo:

3 Likes