Rediscovered My Love For Comics, Thanks DC

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to DC and the community here at DC Universe. I am a relatively late comer to this service (subscribed 4 months ago), but have loved every minute of it. I am probably an outlier but I came here solely for the comics and have yet to watch any of the movies, tv shows or animated content. This service has allowed me to fall in love with comics again and catch-up on everything I’ve missed over the years from Batman runs to major DC events. I always wanted to get back into comics after years away but didn’t have the money to catch up on all the happenings. Not only has this service allowed me to catch up, it prompted me to walk into a comic book store for the first time since I was a kid and rediscover the child like wonder that occurs when looking at the stands of new issues. All that to say, I hope others have had experiences as mine, and wanted to spend my first post on the forum to just say THANK YOU!!!

14 Likes

Glad you made it. Try not to get lost in all the funnybooks, heh.

3 Likes

watch some video content too! I am mainly here for that.

1 Like

Awesome

2 Likes

That’s great! Glad to hear you’ve found some cool reads.

Fun Fact: comic books kick ass.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading comics most of my 71 years. My son gave me a subscription to the Marvel app. Sure, I’ll read Claremont.

I subscribed to the DCU app for the animation, which is terrific. The Marvel app has no animation at all, not even the superb X-MEN 90s show. Fugem.

What happened was that I fell back in love with Superman, the OG superhero, the super man! The moral center of the DCU, as Steve Rogers is in the MCU. I love 'em both.

DC has wonderful characters, with whom I grew up, and, in the 80s and 90s, DC had the books I wanted to read. And I fire up the DC app every day, and the Marvel app about 4 times a week.

That should tell you something.

And, being a discerning comics fan, I love both, and HELLBOY, BONE, ASTRO CITY, MADMAN, and a few I can’t think of right now.

It’s a wonderful time to be an old fart and have more comics than I can possibly read, in my back pocket.

3 Likes

I joined mainly for the comics as well. Doom Patrol was good, haven’t started Swamp Thing yet. Anyway, welcome.

1 Like