Red Hood Is the Best Member of the Batfamily

COOL!
I appreciate that!

I have a way of getting real snarky online…borderline douchy and I’m not trying to bring that here.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Well this thread blew up bigger than I thought it would lol

1 Like

I like Damian, he was Robin when I started reading comics

2 Likes

I’m not a fan, but 90% of that could be that 90% of what I’ve read is by Lobdell.

Bat-Mite is sooo much better than Jason. He basically has the same power set as Mxy in Superman. He can warp reality. What’s Jason got…a murdering psycho personality and a pair of glocks. Bat-Mite could take him out in under a second, faster than Jason could even think of 900 number to call.

Happy now @CynicalPink ? I’d hate for you to feel disappointed.

I will admit, I always hated Jason. Pre-COIE, post-COIE, Red Hood. I voted for the little snot to snuff it. I hold by my vote. Bringing him back is one of the biggest mistakes DC has ever made.

I definitely find Jason interesting, and I (usually) like seeing him interact with the rest of the Batfamily. However, Babs and Dick top my list of Batfamily favorites. I’m definitely looking forward to 3 Jokers!

ben

1 Like

He’s not my favourite, that goes for Dick, but he’s my second favourite of the Bat family and my 4th favourite DC character!

Less hysterics than preferred for a dumpster fire, but I’m grateful for the post :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can see the appeal but personally, I’d rank him no. 6 in my list of favorite Batman family characters. He’d be 3rd in my favorite robins though.

1. Tim Drake
  2. Dick Grayson
  3. Jason Todd
  4. carrie kelly
  5. Damian Wayne
  6. Stephanie Brown

I like them all so don’t take this as me not liking the ones that rank last.

absolutely. I love Jason is a very complex and tortured character. I think it is the one that has had the worst. However, despite all the madness with which he arrived on his return that made him interesting, he has focused on trying to enter the family that kicks him again and again. I think Jason should forget about them and go another way since they will always find a way to reject him.
I love the way it handles in the gray tones, a true rebel with a heart of gold. It was the one that started reading DC, if Batman is good because they give him great writers, but what happened to him, he only loses his parents and became so dark, it is nothing compared to what Jason has gone through over and over time since he was born he was tagged, without Jason Todd I wouldn’t even leaf through DC. I hope that with Lobdell’s departure they will give him a better writer who will take advantage of a character with such complexity.

Fortunately for all there are tastes, at most I have opened 2 issus of Nightwing, however I have all of Red Hood.And that that the first robin has been given by better writers, I honestly prefer Spiderman than Nightwing. I clarify again, fortunately we all have different tastes, diversity is good.

I love your contribution [clee17] I really think the same, there is so much that they can get out of this character but DC usually throws it away, I hope that the new writer does Jason justice, DC inadvertently creates an incredible character, full of contrast but does not know how to take advantage of it

I find it difficult to think of a character who’s had a worse childhood than Jean-Paul Valley. Sure, (spoiler) Jason died and came back after Superboy Prime had a fit, but his young life can’t compare to some other characters in the Bat Family. He murders a bit much to suit me, no matter what his childhood was like. I agree with @DeSade-acolyte.

1 Like

Yea he doesn’t use glocks from what I’ve seen he usually uses 1911s Desert eagles or those taser guns from injustice 2

2 Likes

Glock G21 or DE 1911. Doesn’t matter. I think the point is some people aren’t a fan of Punisher types killing folks with guns. The 1911 is used because it looks good and works stylistically.

1 Like

The conclusion doesn’t rely on the premise that killing is a bad thing. It relies on the premise that certain types of killing are a bad thing. It’s too far a jump to say that a culture that condemns a person for killing out of self-interest must also necessarily condemn a person for killing in the name of retributive (or even preventative) justice. And even if both types of killing are equally illegal, that does not necessarily mean that they would have to be treated as ethically equal (and thus warrant the same type of penalty under the law).

Some of the actions and motives of comic book supervillains are so thoroughly exaggerated from real-world stakes that it has to be seen as fantasy. We don’t have to worry about a real-world person trying to eat a planet as Galactus does. As such, real-world morality can only be applied to a certain extent before it too starts to feel silly. At a certain point, it’s all about the power fantasy. And yes, there’s something problematic about that power fantasy if it’s then applied back into the real world, but there’s also something escapist about reading a story where the villains are so undeniably horrible that you don’t mind seeing their heads getting blown off. (After all, we know that they’ll come back to life at some point. It’s a comic book.)

2 Likes

The nature of the act committed is fundamentally the same in either case - someone had a life and someone else took it. There’s a reason murder in self-defense isn’t considered not a murder. The motive may be a reason to show forgiveness or lenience at the point of punishment, sure. I’m just skeptical of an ethical framework in which killing is encouraged or desirable, which is what a lot of people seem to be advocating when they defend the Red Hood’s methods.

2 Likes

Executions and trench warfare are not considered murder. Trying to lump all types of killing into a single box simply because of the same result mistakes the actual social concern (preventing one person’s self-interest from coming too much at the expense of another’s well-being) for a more abstract concern about mortality. Laws exist to restrict individualism, not death itself.

2 Likes

I am not a gun enthusiast. They could be colt 45’s for all I care. He’s still a psycho murder, regardless of which type of guns he is using.

2 Likes