REBOOT: How Would You Do the Cancelled Shows Differently?

Why is she rarely used?

No idea.

Gotham has Bruce as a kid and as a teen. Kate is younger than Bruce. At the beginning of Gotham she would not have been much older then five.

In some storylines, mainly comics, the reason that Alfred is Bruceā€™s guardian is because Thomas and martha knew the Kanes would bleed the Wayne fortune dry before Bruce could inherit. In others the only Kane would have been Marthaā€™s brother, Kateā€™s father, who moved around the world too much due to his military career.

I often feel that Batwoman is underutilized by DC. We see her in these short series with a single story arc. I would prefer to see her in something like the Detective series, where we see her deal with a different case every issue, or every two issues.

2 Likes

Ah, so sheā€™s very young compared to Bruce, not just a little bit, cool.

1 Like

Eh, a little flimsy but Iā€™m glad that thereā€™s at least an explanation of sorts. So thereā€™s no better explanation? Because the Kanes arenā€™t irresponsible.

1 Like

Didnā€™t know the age difference was that big

1 Like

To be honest I am not 100% sure that it is. I read one comic where a six year old Kate held Bruceā€™s hand at his parentā€™s funeral. But in that comic he was only eight at the time. They could not make Bruce that young for Gotham because they wanted him to begin getting ready to fight crime and to have a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with Selina.

1 Like

and they couldnā€™t have upped Kateā€™s age?

1 Like

I Wouldnā€™t Change Too Much!
On, Bat Woman I Would Have Them Getting Secret Messages In the Bat Cave!
Probably, From Bruce Wayne or Batman!
That Would Make Things Interesting!

D.C.'s Legends, I Would Leave the White Canary In Charge!
The White Canary Is Who Everybody Loves!
Including Lucy Lawless!

1 Like

Anyone remembers this disaster

Justice league of America the failed tv movie was a comically bad pilot that focus on B and C-list heroes and had a more comedic vibe.
The irony is that I donā€™t think it was a bad concept but just how it was poor execution. For a good majority of the pilot, it was pretty dull to watch.

Go read JLI, Flash by Mike Barron and Willian Messer-Loebs, Booster-gold by Dan Jurgens and One-Star Squadron by Mark Russel if you want to see superheroes as celebrities or blue collared workers.
This concept can work well but the heroes got to be interesting to watch. I want to say that Justice league of America worst quality is its plot being forgettable. Remove the weatherman as the villain and focus more on the comedy and the mundane stuff that comes with being a hero.

Most of these guys are at least B listers.

1 Like

Fixed.

1 Like

I done a bit about Batwoman before but I never really put thought into it. I still try to incorporate the work the creators did with the other seasons and the inclusion of characters like Mary Hamilton and Sophie, but I couldnā€™t. Those characters really cluttered the show for needless drama. Ryan Wilder is not included here if weā€™re just talking about a kate-centric show. This is honestly my ideas I would have wanted to see in a Batwoman tv show.

I think the whole first season drama should be mostly about the complex father and daughter relationship of Jacob and Kate Kane. They are a team this time with no Crows involved and should be how they reform their relationship when Kate become Batwoman.

Kate Kane Batwoman in season 1 is someone who is unsure of her place as a hero in Gotham. She initially wanted to take out the wonderland gang but finds herself becoming more involved as a superhero in Gotham to become itā€™s main hero. Throughout season one. Kate is less looking to fight against criminals but rather they find her and I kind of what there to be a running gag when villians show up and Kate is not unprepared to suit up as Batwoman and sheā€™s super annoyed about it.

The biggest change I would make is that Batman would not exist in this world. I donā€™t like killing off Batman because it would diminish his character more than anything, so removing Batman would mean Batwoman is the first hero in Gotham. Bruce Wayne will exist but his character is different. No longer the brooding loner, he is a playboy bachelor who becomes Kate annoying but well-meaning cousin who unknowingly finances Kateā€™s Batwoman endeavors.
(If where working with CW Crisis, Bruce might be affected by this and cause him to remember his time as Batman to cause temporary insanity but figure out Kateā€™s Batwoman from it)

Kate becoming Batwoman in a world without Batman is a cool concept to me. This idea that after Jacob loses his wife and Beth that he raises Kate too strictly and trains her like a soldier. Pushing her to become something more destroys their relationship, but it also inadvertently created Batwoman years later when Kate comes up with bats as a symbol for her new vigilante suit.

Jacob Kane will be prominent secondary protagonist in season 1 as his relationship with Kate grows so does his vendetta and obsession with stopping criminals like Alice to become more focused on creating the private military force The colony toward the beginning of season 2.

Alice will be a prominent villain but not consistent as in every episode and she will have enforcers that will basically become villian of the week for this show. They are all part of the same group, and establish how powerful the wonderland gang is in Gotham and Alice as a formidable opponent despite lacking the training Kate has. Alice is not revealed as Beth until the end of season 1 and when that happens Alice will be gone in the majority of season 2 to establish Kateā€™s newfound interest in becoming the symbol of Gotham but also establishing her legacy with new allies inspired by the Belfry team.

I would want Renee Montoya as the main love interest and her relationship with Kate having a bit of cat and mouse dynamic as Renee Montoya is trying to stop Batwoman while also falling in love with Kate, unbeknownst to her that she is Batwoman.

Heroes I want to see in the Belfry team in season 2:
Mother panic
Flamebird
Bluebird
Batwing

Villians throughout Season 1:
Killer croc
Baby Dolll
Condiment man
Alice
Flamingo
White Rabbit

Anyone thoughts on this revision here?

I think you maybe on to something

1 Like

Mind if i add my take?

1 Like

Itā€™s a open discussion. You got any ideas on what you wanted to see in Batwoman?

Closing this topic due to its Fan Fiction nature. Please see our Fan art Guidelines as creating new story lines is not allowed on our platform. Thanks for understanding! :slight_smile:

2 Likes