[REACTIONS] Superman & Lois S1 E4 - "Haywire" - Spoilers!

Well we’ve already seen Arrowverse Mxy, and I’d definitely love to see Thomas Lennon return just to annoy Clark and Lois

2 Likes

Which show and when?! I only watch Flash and Legends and Black Lightning which I can catch it. I quit Supergirl after middle of season 2. I’ll have to watch this, whatever it was!

2 Likes

Well he 1st appeared in the middle of Supergirl in season 2, but in a different form

Lennon was cast as Mxy taking a new appearance for the 100th episode in season 5. If you didn’t see him in season 2, you must’ve stopped watching right before he appeared. And what’s more interesting is that when Lennon was initially cast, it was supposed to be as a recurring guest star. It’s entirely possible that COVID forced them to scrap any plans for him to return, but it’s also possible that we could see him come back at the start of the final season…

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t know if I remember him. By that point I was focused solely on J’onn and M’gann.

2 Likes

Yep, that’d do it. Mxy 1st shows up at the end of the episode right after M’gann leaves, and then the episode after that is focused more on his attempt to win Kara’s love. When he returns in the 100th, it’s to make amends by trying to help Kara fix her relationship w/ Lena

2 Likes

That’d hit the nail right on the head. I quit when M’gann left. I guess I should have hung about for a single episode more. Makes me want to dig out my Lois and Clark dvds though, and watch the Myxy episode of that.

I think it would be interesting to see, since so far Superman and Lois has been very self contained, how it fits in the greater CW/Arrowverse now that the crossover event has messed about with things though - bringing back Myxy could give some insight into that.

2 Likes

You hit the nail right on the head. They definitely made it clear at the beginning, including in the Legacy of Hope special after the pilot, that they were excited to join the Arrowverse, and yet I don’t think there’s been a single reference to the characters, events, locations, etc. of any of the other shows. Clark and Lois are the only characters we’ve seen so far who were already established, and you can’t even say that about Sam Lane and Morgan Edge since they got recast (though I understand that can be chalked up to Crisis). I know the filming restrictions obviously limit who they can actually bring in to make appearances, but it doesn’t prevent them from at least dropping an occasional name or referring back to something we’ve seen before. That sense of cohesiveness is always great to see, and yet we’ve essentially gotten none of that so far, which is really frustrating to say the least

2 Likes

Overall the show has a very different vibe than the rest - not that I ever actually watched Batm- * cough * Arrow to be able to compare this with that. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that Supergirl is ending that they aren’t dropping any tidbits on that front, at least?

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for new shows trying to create a different and unique feel overall, but that can definitely also be done while still being a clear part of this interconnected world. I’ve definitely thought that maybe something that happens in SG could be influencing the fact that Kara hasn’t so much as been hinted at yet, but I also feel like the S&L writers could’ve at least said that they can’t mention her because of something that’ll be revealed at the start of SG’s season, keeping it vague and not dropping any specific spoilers yet. But at any rate, maybe we’ll get some insight on that aspect when S6 starts next Tuesday

1 Like

Of course, you turn 7734 upside down and you have hELL!

2 Likes

Next week, Sam’s gonna initiate contingency plan #07734 and then the more scandalous #58008

3 Likes

Great episode.

Superman learning that Dad/Hero balance more. Cool fight with the deep cut villain or Killgrave.

Jon admits his jealousy but still help is bro and Jordan a little bit bit seeing it but still felt the need so hope they don’t start to fight. (Unless maybe mind control or manipulation)

Lois with a nice scene with reporting and Edge. The Lois and Lana scene was fun. And I like they way they did the argument with Supes. She wasn’t mad he was Supes just felt left out. Which led to the nice candle lit near hey stack for hazard dinner :joy:.

Sam unleashing 7734. And that scene when Lois told it to him straight was great.

Lana definitely feel this may lead to a Superman of sort. Seemed like something was in her drink maybe that powder.

The X- kryptonite Edge found. From what I looked up it give none kryptonians temporary powers. Interesting. Will this lead to Jon getting powers.

What’s Edge’s plan? Is Something up with Lana? Is the X- kryptonite the cause of Jordan’s powers? All this and more same :00_superman1:uper time same :00_superman1:uper channel.

1 Like

I feel they not trying to do to much connection for a show in season 1 with the Arrowverse any more to play it safe.

Since with Batwoman they established so much connection and she left it threw out all that connection so they may want to see if it can get to season 2 before establishing so much. And maybe pandemic restraints have prevented plans they had.

I kinda understand the logic here at first, but those 2 shows are definitely in different situations as far as how they are/would be affected by a lead leaving. I think it was always in the cards that Batwoman could’ve survived Ruby’s departure, even if it wasn’t ideal, but I don’t see how this show could survive Tyler or Bitsie leaving. I just don’t see any scenario where season 2 and potentially beyond even happens w/out Superman or Lois, so I feel like S&L being in a similar situation as BW in season 2 is basically a non-risk for them at this point

1 Like

Jon’s half-Kryptonian either way, he could develop powers, just later on, or not. But I don’t think X-Kryptonite would work on Kryptonian DNA.

1 Like

But it may work in his human dna maybe giving minimal powers.

I agree with that. I was just thinking when making the show they didn’t want as much connection to be established just in case if the show didn’t get an S2 or something happened to it (as they established a lot in BW and then it didn’t mater much as SG is ending and Ruby left) they won’t have to scrap the connections made. I’m short they’re playing the safe (as of now)

Hmm, that’s true. But I think if they’ll ever give him powers, it will authentic, not temporary and synthetic.

1 Like