[REACTIONS] Superman & Lois S1 E4 - "Haywire" - Spoilers!

Synopsis: While sitting in the stands at the high school football game, Lois and Chrissy spot fish out of water Morgan Edge conversing with Mayor Dean and Kyle Kushing, and the two see right through this insincere move to try to win over the town. Meanwhile, Clark agrees to help Lois out at a town hall meeting, but things get tense when he finds himself pulled in two different directions. Lastly, Jonathan is having mixed emotions about Jordan’s newfound status.

Are you watching Superman & Lois? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below! :superman:

HOW TO WATCH:
The first season will be 15 episodes, and air weekly on Tuesdays on The CW network at 6pm PT/8pm CT/9pm ET.

Superman & Lois is set to follow a slightly different streaming schedule to the majority of the other CW DC Comics shows. Shortly after episodes air, they will be available to watch for free with ads on CW Seed. Superman & Lois will not be available on Netflix, but it will be available on a yet-to-be-announced date after the season ends.

5 Likes

LET’S DO THIS!!!image

3 Likes

I really enjoyed the episode. Thaddeus Killgrave is such a deep cut villains-wise and we got to see Intergang.

Loved the scene with Lois and Lana at the bar. Elizabeth Tulloch has really impressed me as Lois.

Now, I wonder what the opening scene with Morgan Edge will lead to.

6 Likes

Hard to follow and mostly set up. I hope for a good episode 5.

2 Likes

Did I call it? I knew there was Kryptonite in that mine! Sounds like the next thing that will happen is that Morgan Edge will expose Lana Lang to the Kryptonite, making her into Superwoman.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it was the lighting, but some of the Kryptonite looked yellow-ish in nature.

Also, I’m curious to find out what that was that Edge found in the opening scene.

4 Likes

This episode has a lot to unpack. Definitely need to re-watch it on the app to see what the deleted scenes are for this episode. There’s a lot going on here.

3 Likes

And Sam executing Contingency Plan/Operation 7334, that was my HOLY SH** moment of the episode.

4 Likes

Elizabeth Tulloch really nails it as Lois, the whole scene with Morgan Edge was everything (lol). She was just so done playing charades and skipped to the part where they show their true colors to each-other.

I really love how Lois and Jonathan can both be frustrated or jealous (to their own degrees) but understanding to the opposite member in their family. Lois → Clark , Jonathan → Jordan

Everything just feels natural that as time goes on or circumstances change those frustrations or jealousy might come out. Sarah’s analysis of Jonathan was spot on.

Like episode 1 a lot of great debate with Clark/Lois and General Lane in this one.

Him uncomfortable when exposed for what he told the boys reminded me of this:

dd0

and them looking at him reminded me of this:

Oh wow, I didn’t connect the dots that he might’ve wanted Lana as a subject for that, I thought it was like a romantic thing or for a regular job but by the end I totally see that now. Interesting :eyes:

5 Likes

Just posting this to remind me later if this comment ages well. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Nice! HA!

3 Likes

I’d like to have seen a more immediate fallout of Sam’s admission in front of the boys. Or the boys listening in on the stairwell while their Dad and Grandfather spoke. I still feel like the family is filmed very separately and I’d like more organic cuts between moments in the same scene.

I might have to start watching the extended episodes. Maybe they’re different.

3 Likes

Yeah. That’s a good point. The extended cuts on CW show a little bit more, but not enough to shed light on this particular subject. Still worth the watch for sure.

3 Likes

They went full CW this episode … You should never go full CW.

4 Likes

Morgan edge + intergang=Darkseid

4 Likes

You know what I love about this show? I can’t call where it’s gonna go. That’s a rarity these days.

4 Likes

Please no, I am so tired of them pretending that Superman has only three villains (one who is not even a Superman villain), instead of one of the best rogues gallery ever. Use Brainiac, Mongul, Myxy, Bizarro, Toyman, or literally anybody but those 3 as the main villain.

3 Likes

They are going to do “Forever Evil,” as Morgan Edge takes over as the protagonist by teaming up with Shiv, Zoom, Vandal Savage, and The Gambler to take on Red Son Superman.

2 Likes

Enjoyed the episode, but felt stupid that when General Lane mentiond the green phosphorus stuff I didn’t immediately make the connection it was Kryptonite. Although Kryptonite giving a random teen superpowers… what is this… the Smallville TV show ;).

Incedentally the kid with the vibrating, I didn’t catch the kids name is that a character from the comics (that we would know of so far)? Also was interesting Morgan Edge’s assistant could punch the hole to reveal the kryptonite, and not be affected. I assumed she was Kryptonian but guess she is maybe someone else also experimented on with the Kryptonite.

Sam Lane openin the project was predictable, clearly he was being set up to not trust Superman but am interested to see where it goes.

Did like getting Intergang and Killgrave. Although as far as the latter, shows how much Supergirl went through all the big villains of Superman’s that they are using such deep cuts on this show. But all for forgotten DC Villains getting a chance to shine.

4 Likes

I’d really like to see a take on Myxy in this universe. Would be fascinating.

3 Likes