Ray Fisher Returning As Cyborg?

Does anyone actually like Wonder Woman’s catchprase?

1 Like

The booyah is pretty bland for me, But I totally understand why they included it.

Anecdote form my personal theater experience…After Cyborg said that line in the movie, two small children in the theater yelled at the top of their lungs “BOOYAH!” And that in a nutshell is why those filmmakers pressed to get it into the movie. It was really the only semblance of the animated character that I’m sure some younger children where hoping to see on screen.

1 Like

Ha! Fair!

Because I’ve followed most if not all the Ray stuff nothing in the new THR article was shoe-dropping but it did add nuance to the situations.

This whole “Booyah” thing became a wayyyy bigger deal than it should’ve been. Like it’s not a big deal if he says it and it’s not a big deal if he doesn’t.

It’s clear with the reshoots they wanted to insert lighter tones and add fanservice to make people feel better about the movie especially coming off of BvS which was divisive.

Example: the Classic Superman theme during Superman vs Flash, Batman animated theme when Gordon looks up and sees Batman, after-credits of Flash-Superman Race, having Superman say “I believe in Truth but I’m also a big fan of Justice”, Cyborg saying “Booyah”. Generations of fans from kids to adults love this sort of thing. Might not work for everyone but there’s for sure appreciating for it.

While Joss seems like very much a D-bag I do sympathize in some way about coming on to a project post-filming hired to basically make a “Frankenstein” film with pressures from higher ups whose jobs were also on the line to get it done in a timely manner. Doesn’t justify things like what he said about Gal or anything. Nuance.

Geoff Johns also came out looking better from the article imo. Like these claims of him being racist doesn’t seem to correlate with his professional work and personal life brought up in the article. Upon elaboration I can understand both Nadria Tucker and Geoff Johns POV’s in regards to the hair change issue on Krypton. Geoff needs to word things better in the initial response tho.

This “angry black guy” issue and avoidance is something I’ve seen on the opposite end online when it comes to black females being portrayed as the stereotype angry black woman. It’s an issue many people have when the media portrays them as that so much. So I can see decision makers being afraid of backlash if in their POV that was what they wanted to avoid Cyborg coming off as.

Walter Hamada still seems like Walter Hamada. Trying to move past things he wasn’t there for.

Anyways there’s a lot of assumptions also in the article so I won’t speak on that.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

5 Likes

I agree regarding Geoff. He probably needs some education and sensitivity training, but I don’t see him as a vindictive racist. Then again, as a white guy, I’m probably not the person to make that call.

More broadly, yes, the whole JL reshoots sound like a recipe for disaster. Everyone was set up to fail in that situation. That said, I’m done with Joss for good. What a jerk!

1 Like

On the “angry black man” piece, it really underscores the importance of making sure POC are at the decision-making table. Geoff, Berg, and Joss should not be the ones making that decision. IMO, ZSJL’s “angry” Cyborg was incredible in ZSJL.

2 Likes